Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chip @25 weeks...

Chip @25 weeks...

Merry Xmas every one....

My pup Chip is coming on well, work has been slow so I've had plenty of time with him...

He keeps close when we are out apart from the black birds seem to catch his eye quite well...

A couple of pictures of how fast they grow..

Tim.243

Nice work Tim, He is going to be a fine dog Iv have been watching you closely with your new feller and both are just at the place you need to be, slowly slowly can only bring out the best in the pup and the long lead has been just the ticket for the command and whistle work, just to get him on the same page as you. Well done keep it up and he will prove me correct and be an asset to you shooting in the future .Above all he is still a small boy and likes to take the p*** sometimes so be firm but not over the top.
    alvb
    happy humbug and a better new year
    Paul

Established Poster
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)
    Nice one Tim
    Looking absolutely brilliant.
    Hopefully you both have a long time of super companionship ahead of you.
    All the best

Alan

He's a wee cracker! Best of luck with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Nice work Tim, He is going to be a fine dog Iv have been watching you closely with your new feller and both are just at the place you need to be, slowly slowly can only bring out the best in the pup and the long lead has been just the ticket for the command and whistle work, just to get him on the same page as you. Well done keep it up and he will prove me correct and be an asset to you shooting in the future .Above all he is still a small boy and likes to take the p*** sometimes so be firm but not over the top.
    alvb
    happy humbug and a better new year
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanskirk View Post
    Nice one Tim
    Looking absolutely brilliant.
    Hopefully you both have a long time of super companionship ahead of you.
    All the best

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    He's a wee cracker! Best of luck with him, I'm sure he'll be fine.
    Cheers lads...it is good to see him enjoy the walks out...

Tim

Very nice looking dog Tim, reminds me of a ESS I had called Chip a few years ago. He was the runt of a litter of pups I bred and was spitting image of his dad, hence chip off the old block. He made a fantastic dog.
    Looking at your 2nd photo, on the tailgate, just a tip & please don't take it the wrong way, I've put a large rubber mat in the back of mine which extends 8-10" over the tailgate to cover the gap between the tailgate & rear deck. I saw a Labrador on a shoot jump from the rear of a pickup catching its toe in the gap, it pulled its toe off. Not a pretty site.
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Very nice looking dog Tim, reminds me of a ESS I had called Chip a few years ago. He was the runt of a litter of pups I bred and was spitting image of his dad, hence chip off the old block. He made a fantastic dog.
    Looking at your 2nd photo, on the tailgate, just a tip & please don't take it the wrong way, I've put a large rubber mat in the back of mine which extends 8-10" over the tailgate to cover the gap between the tailgate & rear deck. I saw a Labrador on a shoot jump from the rear of a pickup catching its toe in the gap, it pulled its toe off. Not a pretty site.
    Wingy
    Noted...he is in the cab at the moment, with all the facility's of switching on the radio, hazard flashers and wipers.
    I normally have a tarp in there to stop any ballast, welding rods or snap-on tools getting in the gap lol

Tim.243

A truely nice looking dog....
    May I ask, which breed it is?
    It seems to be a good stalking and hunting companion already!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    A truely nice looking dog....
    May I ask, which breed it is?
    It seems to be a good stalking and hunting companion already!
    Thank you.. Cocker Spaniel on the paper work, part time gremlin under the fur lol

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Thank you.. Cocker Spaniel on the paper work, part time gremlin under the fur lol

Tim.243
    OK Tim....
    my sister in law has a couple of cockers, but the show type of senseless and stupid dogs (sorry.... I couldnt resist), yours is by far much better looking, and dont worry, my Alba is a fulltime Gremlin!!!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.