Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The scottish licensing of air rifles. Discuss.

The scottish licensing of air rifles. Discuss.

I am starting to think the putting of air rifles on ticket is gonna be a good thing.

I know I know it's where youngsters start their shooting from. But if they are serious about it they will find clubs and do it right. Not just climb over the fence into the nearest bit of woodland and start shooting at songbirds etc.

your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    I am starting to think the putting of air rifles on ticket is gonna be a good thing.

I know I know it's where youngsters start their shooting from. But if they are serious about it they will find clubs and do it right. Not just climb over the fence into the nearest bit of woodland and start shooting at songbirds etc.

your thoughts.
    Why assume all are irresponsible or why registering a bb gun will make them responsible??? It's up to the parents to teach them right from wrong long before they ever think of giving them any type of weapon.... Why anyone would invite another level of government intervention is beyond me....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    Why assume all are irresponsible or why registering a bb gun will make them responsible??? It's up to the parents to teach them right from wrong long before they ever think of giving them any type of weapon.... Why anyone would invite another level of government intervention is beyond me....
    i can only go as I find. My thoughts are that they will need to go through the
    Proper channels to aquire an air gun ( not bb). Background checks. Gunsafe. Permission to shoot over ground. Etc. might weed out the shell suited ned

That's just laziness on all levels..... let em have their air guns, then bust their balls good when they screw up. Nothing wrong with requirements to buy one, but why make life hard on everyone just in case of a couple idiots?

I don't see it like that all. Gone are the days of low powered toys. Air weapons are lethal nowadays. Any Tom dick or ned can buy one over the counter with v few questions asked.

The responsible shooters will always be responsible and go through the proper channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    i can only go as I find. My thoughts are that they will need to go through the
    Proper channels to aquire an air gun ( not bb). Background checks. Gunsafe. Permission to shoot over ground. Etc. might weed out the shell suited ned
    and how would you deal with all the thousands of airguns already out there

As I see it , bring in an amnesty. Say 5 months to either register your firearm or dispose of it. Get it on ticket or bin it.

Hitler did something like that.........

thin end of the wedge mate , as a lad with an airgun years ago i never shot songbirds , did you ?

Seriously ??? Your comparing the licensing of air weapons in Scotland to the work of a man man hellbent on wiping out a race of people and world domination. ??

Youve had too much sherry