Thread: meopta service

meopta service

Has anyone sent a scope back to meopta for a service recently?

If so, could you give me an idea of what it cost and how you went about it?

Cheers

Novice

hi i sent my scope back to marchwood optics took about 3 weeks sent me a new scope cost postage only.
    the gas had escaped.
    well suited.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Has anyone sent a scope back to meopta for a service recently?

If so, could you give me an idea of what it cost and how you went about it?

Cheers

Novice
    It will depend on how old your scope is. I have an older 7x50 which has a problem and the importers whom it seems one has to go through first told me that it was a minimum of 100 + VAT for them to even look at it. I have sent it to Actionoptics at the importers suggestion.

No one but Meopta can give you any real idea of cost Novice but in my experience the company provides excellent service and any costs would be minimal. Why don't you email Meopta direct and explain your problem and ask them for details of their costs. You could also email the importers and ask them the same as I have found them most helpful too when I spoke to them at the midland game fair.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll get in touch with marchwood and meopta in the new year and see what the craic is.

Novice

My wifes family don't live far from Přerov and I also have a house in the Cz, if it isn't urgent I am more than happy to take it there next time I am going (either half term or Easter) and then when it is finished my in-laws could post it back. They have a factory shop where I bought some bins from but it was manned by non-English speaking staff, luckily for me my 7 year old is bi-lingual! That said info@meopta.cz is replied to in English.

ATB

Nick

Thanks Nick. I'll see how I get on, but may bneed your assistance. Will let you know.

Novice

What a kind offer, Nick. That's what these forums should be about, not tedious discussions dominated by the bigoted. Well done!

I have to say I didn't find Marchwood very helpful, all I was after was a new logo for the side of a scope I'd refinished...No No, sorry, they don't send things like that out, only Meopta have and use them. Hmmm...Mr Meopta was a bit more helpful to say the least, new logo in post. Deal direct if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    I have to say I didn't find Marchwood very helpful, all I was after was a new logo for the side of a scope I'd refinished...No No, sorry, they don't send things like that out, only Meopta have and use them. Hmmm...Mr Meopta was a bit more helpful to say the least, new logo in post. Deal direct if you can.
    Thank you Jager. Perhaps I will try Meopta direct as I have an even older one with a chipped lens. We won't go into how that happened just thinking of it raises the blood pressure. I also found Marchwood rather lacking in help.