Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must all AW stalks fall with a three year registration 'slot'

Must all AW stalks fall with a three year registration 'slot'

I was wondering. My original three year portfolio registration period will end next September. I have yet to get an AW stalk completed, but hope to get at least one in the next two months. If a reregister in September will the completed AW stalk count or must I do them all three from scratch within the three year period? Maybe this seems pedantic, but it is kind of important to know not to waste money/effort. This could make my mind up to do it intensively now in the winter. Please advise.

I cannot answer your question but to me this is the right time to get your stalks in on the does to keep your spending to a minimum, when you say you have yet to complete does this mean you have done some and completed parts of the portfoilio and questioning but not shot an animal? or you have yet to do a stalk with an aw,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Back in 2004/5 I was poorly and could not complete my portfolio. I wrote in and asked for an extension of permitted time, which was granted.
    Perhaps if there is a genuine reason a similar concession could be made ?

If you need to re-register then you can back date it to the first stalk. For example if that was 12 months ago for example (28/12/2012) the date your new portfolio would run from for 3 years from that first stalk allowing it to be counted but would then only give you 2 remaining years (28/12/15) to complete the remaining witnessed stalks. In total 3 years from the first witnessed stalk to portfolio handed in. I was in the same boat 1 partial stalk and time ran out but re-registered and back dated incase I needed any aspects of it but hopefully I shouldn't need to use it thanks to an enjoyable few stalks with Sikamalc and only 1 left to go.

Honestly you have until September, you should be able to get 3 stalks in by then. I got my portfolio and had a crappy year for deer so I'd had the portfolio 18 months before I got an ICR complete, and then I did the 3 in 4 days.

Hinds/does is when it is cheapest. There is no reason you can't complete in a single day if you want to work hard.

But in answer to your OP - unless very extenuating circumstances all three need to die and be written up in a 3 year period.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Similar query has been covered in two posts recently - cant recall names, but search under our posts and they should come up.

In answer to the direct question posed, if you do find you need to re-register then any AW completed stalk you do between now and then can be included as an ICR. The only impact will be that your three year 'window' will run from the earlier of (re ) registration date or date of the first included ICR.

I hope you get sorted ok.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I cannot answer your question but to me this is the right time to get your stalks in on the does to keep your spending to a minimum, when you say you have yet to complete does this mean you have done some and completed parts of the portfoilio and questioning but not shot an animal? or you have yet to do a stalk with an aw,
    No I have shot animals with no problems on any and gralloched them all fine. I just have been biding my time and not got around to doing the DSC2 until now. But thanks all for the replies. I think I will just get down and go for it before next September. I had been maybe a little worried about being 'tested', but should be fine even fun.

WW

Completely understand - it's not an uncommon thing. I've oft repeated its worth spending sometime either/ both finding AW's that are recommended and talking to the same beforehand. If the 'chemistry' isn't there or you dont hit it off in a 10 minutes phone call, it doesn't bode well for spending a day together!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...monkey+spanker

This is one of the ones that Moray is talking about.

Baguio

Quote Originally Posted by western woodsman View Post
    No I have shot animals with no problems on any and gralloched them all fine. I just have been biding my time and not got around to doing the DSC2 until now. But thanks all for the replies. I think I will just get down and go for it before next September. I had been maybe a little worried about being 'tested', but should be fine even fun.
    Ah ok I wasn't sure if you had completed so much of the ICR's or you were to start it, like others have said find someone with plenty of ground with good numbers of deer and have a chat to see if you get on and go for it you do have time to complete it now and you stand a real good chance with the does/hinds good luck wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports