Thread: Duck Decoy Pulley First Test!!!

Duck Decoy Pulley First Test!!!

Some clips of my home made decoy pulley, only done of my phone so not very fast but quite a lot of fun with the pup trying to assist my efforts!!
    I made a small grapnel with an eyelet on the end of it, the cord is in a 40 metre loop running through a stainless diving swivel dog clip.
    I tied a little loop on the join to attach the string of decoys and then just pull the cord and the ducks head out to sea!!
    When I throw the hook I use a small pole in the bank so no to loose the cord, I need some fishing swivel clips to make up the bridal, but this test was to work out the wrinkles…
    Laying the cord in a neat coil is most important prior to launching the hook..
    Over all it went well so I will test it out down the river near me before going out on the marsh..
    http://s856.photobucket.com/user/The.../decoy%20pully

Tim.243

I always found these sort of things great....until a raft of eel grass catches hold and wipes em all out.
    Though I guess it depends if you have eel grass as to weather that is likely to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    I always found these sort of things great....until a raft of eel grass catches hold and wipes em all out.
    Though I guess it depends if you have eel grass as to weather that is likely to be a problem.
    Well I guess any decoys are subject to debris, I have a little flight pond which the teal like but the mallard are hit and miss on so a few tugs on the string might change the mind...
    It was a laugh making it and the weather was nice for a change..

Tim.243

ahh never considered using them on a pond...in that case it could well work.
    keep us informed how it works out.

a running mooring for a boat employs much the same system good idea for deeks though
    a barony original