Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What utter BS this is.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

What utter BS this is.

Note that the buyer has to buy his own alcohol too..that is just about as lousy as you can get.

The whole thing is a joke as far as I`m concerned and the sooner the prospective buyers of these monstrosities know how most of us view them the better. ( the buyers that is)

http://www.eurooptic.com/Trophy-Hunt.aspx
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Thats some amount of money! Probably more than I am likely to spend in total on any type of shooting in my lifetime! It looks ugly aswell. Just goes to show what lengths some people will go to for a world record.

Wouldn't be chuffed if they had scored it wrong! Though saying that - is this something that was in a pen, measured and then turned out on to the farm? Not quite sure how they do things in NZ. Dare say I would have a big fence round something worth $150,000.

Obscene ...must have been in the pen to measure it ..who in there right mind would want to pay that amount of money to shoot a park animal ?..

What empty satisfaction would be gained from shooting a fenced/park animal (if that's what it is), let alone for that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by highseat6.5 View Post
    Obscene ...must have been in the pen to measure it ..who in there right mind would want to pay that amount of money to shoot a park animal ?..
    You'd be surprised........ Seems to be targeting Americans with the price (US Dollars?)... The wording makes it (the trophy buck) sound like a farm raised animal that will be turned out just before the hunt.... Some clothing/equipment name will prolly buy the hunt and send some celibrity to hunt it and advertise their gear...
    Last edited by daven; 29-12-2013 at 09:08.

Ridiculous money and in my opinion ugly trophy. Id much prefer a nice royal than those ugly heads.

As others have said reckon a reared stag let go to shoot. Cant see any reward in that. Same happened in hungary with a record stag but when the photo appeared in a mag someone rcognised it from a nearby zoo.

Not for me even if I had the money.

Who says its going to be released? They are offering the chance to take the animal with rifle, muzzle loader or crossbow. That stag is destined to be shot still in the pen.

if it has to be culled, because its at the end of its life for whatever reason, what's the big deal? It doesn't sit right with some perhaps, but if its worth that amount of money to someone who thinks they want it for their wall what's the big deal? Either way that animal has spent several years passing on its genes, now perhaps it won't get any bigger.

Domestic animals are bred here for exactly the same reasons, to produce outstanding meat, the best they can. Then they to are killed for their meat. only difference being we don't hand the head of an Aberdeen Angus Bull on the wall.

What's the alternative for this animal? Just to be shot by a worker on the venison farm? Why? Some saddo with more money than sense is prepared to pay for that privilege and think its cool to get the bragging rights in front of mates when round for a beer. So let them get on with it.

Fuggly

If some one is willing to pay the price so be it.

But surely we can all agree this is not a great example of a red deer.

I'm with Andreas, I'd also much prefer a royal any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    If some one is willing to pay the price so be it.

But surely we can all agree this is not a great example of a red deer.

I'm with Andreas, I'd also much prefer a royal any day of the week.
    Yep, it looks horrendous compared to what we are used to seeing running about on the hill. But some of our biggest roebuck trophies for example are not bonny heads either to be honest...