which torch ?

shippers

hi all hope you all had a good christmas,been looking at getting another shooting lamp something to punch out a good way.wanted to know if any one has used a fandyfire stl-vs or the supbeam k40 or the supbeam l255-l2 you thoughts on any of these would help.many thanks

Olight m3x for spotting and a 4greer rangemaster on the scope, they both reach out to 350 yards.

Forgot to say I started off with a fandyfire stl-vs and it only lasted about a month or so,

Olight M22 Warrior on top of your scope is astonishing.
I bought one from a lad on here and it's the best torch / lamp I've ever
used .. will pick up fox eyes at over 350 yards.
Highly recommended.

Hi I use a deben tracer led ray tactical 800, beam says 250m but it's around 225m ish. Still it works for me.
[h=1][/h]

The Lupine is 4500 Lumens. That is truly staggering.... as is the price though at €800!

I thoroughly recommend Fenix TK75. 2900 Lumens which is about 50% brighter than typical car headlights. It completely swamps my (very muddy) discovery headlights. About £150 plus 4 batteries. You can easily see fox eyes at 700 yards, possibly further. I can identify rabbits at 200 yards with it using a top end scope.
tk75.jpg

One consideration before getting an aspheric with a pencil beam: I have a couple of DEFTs, I forget the specific models. One's a big lump, the other readily mounted on the scope. They create a beam of light visible from the side. When scope mounted or held anywhere nearby, the view from the scope is looking down through this tunnel of hundreds of yards of reflected moisture + dust etc. The only way to overcome this that I have found is, when possible, to have someone else move a few feet away from me with the torch, so that the convergence of the beam and the scope 'beam' happens as far away as possible. I'm contemplating making a remote control pan/tilt pencil beam spotlight to sit on the roof.

Last edited:
Nitecore srt7 is an excellent torch, little bit more distance than the olight m22 I have one surplus if your interested? Give me a pm.

thank you all for all your input there seems to be a huge aray of good lamps out there now, have gone for a dereelight xseacher found one in good old u.s.a. way cheaper than here, same old story.some one will now tell me they are a load of rubbish and that i should have brought so and so,lets hope thats not the case.hope you all have a good 2014

I was thinking lightforce 240 blitz for searching the fields etc and the an olight or nightmaster for scope mounted and maybe with a red beam this is a good option in my opinion?

What do ye think?

I have a nightmaster/xsearcher its a good beam, i can see 300m+, its a tight beam compared to the lightforce 240, but still worth the money
atb
simon

ah right I was thinking of using the light force for flood beam, what do you think of your nightmaster which one do you have?

Cheers jp

I have the NM800 and it is stunning, no loss in performance with coloured LED's in my opinion. Just ordered the Xsearcher for scanning when not in the Car.

Looks like i did not buy a load of rubbish,thats good to know.Mutley you say that there was no loss in performance with the colouerd LEDs,i had thought about getting one and now your comment has made my mind up on that.the guy in the states does not do the coloured LEDs do you know how much they are and where to get them please.only down side now is i have got to wait 2 weeks for the light to get here bummer.thank you all

You will not go wrong with the Xsearcher. With a red LED, it outshines a LF170 with red filter by at least 50yards of shootable distance.

What you really want Santa to have brought however is a Surefire Hellfighter - now there's a piece of kit!

which hellfighter do you mean the one i just looked at on the webb was 3000 lumins mounted on a gatling gun and hanging out of a helecopter,looks like over kill lol

Back