Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A new ( old ) Parker Hale

  1. #1

    A new ( old ) Parker Hale

    After a long and fruitless search, about ten or so years, I had a Parker Hale Hussar drop in my lap this mourning. This is the model built on the Czech ZG 47 action. It's the second one I've seen in twenty+ years , and needless to say, it's mine. It has a three digit serial number, starting with one. The chambering is 308 win and the bore is like a mirror , bluing is about 95% but it has a dried out recoil pad( typical PH for its age ) and has some minor stock issues......I'm a happy man. How common are they in the UK and are any of you familiar with this model?

    Thanks in advance, AB
    Last edited by alberta boy; 30-12-2013 at 01:30.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    After a long and fruitless search, about ten or so years, I had a Parker Hale Hussar drop in my lap this mourning. This is the model built on the Czech ZG 47 action. It's the second one I've seen in twenty+ years , and needless to say, it's mine. It has a three digit serial number, starting with one. The chambering is 308 win and the bore is like a mirror , bluing is about 95% but it has a dried out recoil pad( typical PH for its age ) and has some minor stock issues......I'm a happy man. How common are they in the UK and are any of you familiar with this model?

    Thanks in advance, AB
    They are uncommon here. I have never had the luck to see one in person but on my old computer do have some photos of one a kind soul sent me.

    Good find indeed. I am not green really .................................................. ............................................ well not much .

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    They are uncommon here. I have never had the luck to see one in person but on my old computer do have some photos of one a kind soul sent me.

    Good find indeed. I am not green really .................................................. ............................................ well not much .
    I'll take a few pictures and post them. I've taken the barreled action out of the stock and , strangely , there isn't a Czech stamping of any sort. There are British proof marks on the barrel, which I expected, but I'm surprised there aren't any Czech markings on the receiver. It does have a very simple , and nicely adjustable , trigger mechanism. I've got it breaking at 3 pounds with minimal over-travel. It took about three minutes, I must say I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to taking it out, this one could turn into my new favourite rifle lol

    AB

  4. #4
    Perhaps it is like my Custom No 4 all previous factory markings have been machined off, or it was a brand new action not stamped at all.

    However My Custom No 1 has Lithgow marks all over, I am happy for you AB I am sure of one thing. If its a Parker

    Hale you have a trusty rifle.

    Happy hunting Old Neilo

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilo View Post
    Perhaps it is like my Custom No 4 all previous factory markings have been machined off, or it was a brand new action not stamped at all.

    However My Custom No 1 has Lithgow marks all over, I am happy for you AB I am sure of one thing. If its a Parker

    Hale you have a trusty rifle.

    Happy hunting Old Neilo
    A hunting buddy of mine has a Parker-Hale sporter built on a Lithgow No 1, it has some really nice wood and shoots really well. It belonged to his father who used it on everything from Moose and Grizzly on down for over 30 yrs. He still takes it out every now and then, it still works well on any game we have around here , a classic hunting rig.

    AB

  6. #6
    oohh look forward to the pictures, great find wayne

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  7. #7
    There is little information about the Hussar model. I have heard that it was ordered by Parker-Hale from Brno so they could specify the markings. The photos I have the rifle has the name Hussar engraved into the left wall of the receiver. Of course it would bear British proof marks as it's possible these were supplied in the white.

    If anyone can shed more light on the history of these I would be most grateful. Printed stuff like adverts or fliers maybe a catalogue with them in would be great.

    I will have to try finding and getting some earlier, missing, catalogues I suppose as my oldest is 1939 which it to early for the Hussar then I have none until 1950 which does not include the Hussar.

  8. #8

    Hussar pictures

    Just a few pictures.Not the best quality, I'll try to take some better ones AB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-30 10.47.32.jpg   2013-12-30 10.48.09.jpg   2013-12-30 10.48.28.jpg   2013-12-30 10.48.55.jpg   2013-12-30 10.50.16.jpg  

    Last edited by alberta boy; 30-12-2013 at 18:58.

Similar Threads

  1. Parker Hale
    By mo in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-10-2012, 11:17
  2. Parker Hale
    By Monument veiw in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-12-2011, 13:53
  3. Parker Hale
    By DeerStalker Brent in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 18:53
  4. Parker Hale
    By P3T3R in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-12-2010, 18:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •