Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truglo fibre optic shotgun sight

truglo fibre optic shotgun sight

does this sight work, has anyone used one with good results.
    as I am a left hander with right eye dominance a chap I was talking too on a shoot, said I should give one a try as they can correct eye dominance. is this true.
    im all for improving with my shooting, and for little money are they worth a go.
    happy new year to all.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperstweed View Post
    .....I am a left hander with right eye dominance....
    Me too re the above.
    I have one and yes it works.
    I think they are overpriced given that they are such a simple construction of basic material, but that said, yes they work.
    Something worth trying though as I did a while ago is to take 50 clays the same trajectory, shoot 25 left shoulder and 25 right.
    You may be surprised at the result. I hit more right than left, the dominant eye thing can matter more than the shoulder if you can get used to shooting right.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

thanks for reply pf, that's the sort of reply I was hoping for. maybe over priced at 20 ebay, but a small fee if it improves your scores.

I am a leftie who has always shot both rifle and shotgun righthanded, a couple of years ago i noticed i was missing more birds in the afternoon that i would normally drop without any problems.
    After going to an instructor for a session it turned out my left eye was becoming more dominant during the day.
    I tried the patch on a pair of shooting glasses and it worked, im not a big fan of glasses when shooting so i tried the truglo and ive not had a problem since. I now miss as many birds in the afternoon as i do in the morning, LOL
    just got to train your brain to focus on the red glo as well as the bird.
    Paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Account Suspended
    If you want to watch the sight ..there greattttttt

I have one in the mancave.

Its red, and threaded 3mm.

Any use?
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    I have one in the mancave.

Its red, and threaded 3mm.

Any use?
    you have a pm.....

How would the threading work - they are stick on?

I have 3 on my guns - they work OK, but as said it does make you focus on the bead rather than the bird. Solves some problems, causes others but for now I would say I shoot better with than without.

Don't waste your money your not meant to look at the bead look at the target.

There are many types of Truglo bead. The one I mentioned directly replaces a metal bead that has a 3mm thread as fitted to many modern guns.

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    How would the threading work - they are stick on?

I have 3 on my guns - they work OK, but as said it does make you focus on the bead rather than the bird. Solves some problems, causes others but for now I would say I shoot better with than without.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".