Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf attack on dog caught on camera

Wolf attack on dog caught on camera

Found this on Youtube, a dog (Jämthund) wearing a camera is attacked by a wolf

I don't have any more details regarding whether the dog survived or where it took place but thought I would share.

We now have wolves in out hunting terrain, so I'm a bit nervous about having my dog (teckel) running around after roe deer
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

if a wolf goes for a dog it usually only ends one way unfortunately, but you never know

Moose Dog in Norway eaten while with owner as seen in recent shooting magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    if a wolf goes for a dog it usually only ends one way unfortunately, but you never know
    Yeah, that's what I thought but there was no information posted with the video. Fingers crossed it turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Moose Dog in Norway eaten while with owner as seen in recent shooting magazine

Always terrible to see
    Jonathan

Terrible! It's only a matter of time till something similar happens here in Denmark too now, since the wolves have wandered over the border/been reintroduced.

Sorry to mislead, my mistake it was Sweden not Norway, at an organised hunt by Norma, apparently it all took place shortly after the bull moose was shot and the adult hound followed the cow back into the forest, the GPS locator on the dog had not moved for 20 mins which aroused suspicion when he got to the location this is what he found.
    Details from article in Jan sporting gun

And certain groups would like to see woves introduced into parts of uk my opinion disaster waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    Terrible! It's only a matter of time till something similar happens here in Denmark too now, since the wolves have wandered over the border/been reintroduced.
    Yeah mate, just a matter of time till it kicks off!

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Sorry to mislead, my mistake it was Sweden not Norway, at an organised hunt by Norma, apparently it all took place shortly after the bull moose was shot and the adult hound followed the cow back into the forest, the GPS locator on the dog had not moved for 20 mins which aroused suspicion when he got to the location this is what he found.
    Details from article in Jan sporting gun
    No worries mate, we see these artcles all the time posted from different parts of Scandinavia, can't begin to imagine how the dog owner must feel.

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    And certain groups would like to see woves introduced into parts of uk my opinion disaster waiting to happen
    Indeed mate, it's just a ticking ime bomb here before someone gets killed, there's been couple of cases where dog walkers have had their dogs attacked right beside them. Imagine if this was a young child, if they tried to run I'm sure the wolf would go into chase mode!
    Jonathan

wasn't there some wolves escaped recently here..?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    wasn't there some wolves escaped recently here..?

I think they were all shot or recovered mate