Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @@ plipin close call on the way home tonight.@@

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

@@ plipin close call on the way home tonight.@@

Just getting back on our feet and i was hit by a large falling branch all covered in ivy.

the bad news is the car has been deemed unsafe to drive on the road.........................and as my car is in the garage this ones the wifes ?

just south of work heading home after a family shoot this happened.

Attachment 36211Attachment 36212Attachment 36213Attachment 36214Attachment 36215Attachment 36216

hit the tree branch with a right bang had to stay on this side of the road as there was an arctic and some other cars coming the other way on a country road (a343) what a bang this was ripped of the front of the headlight, the window wiper the door mirror and some of the scratches all along the side of the car and the roof, bonnet and wing are damaged and im not su how far that bit of branch goes into the front of the car, its done something to the headlight controls as both headlights are pointing to the road and will not adjust with the adjuster, of course the nearside headlight doesn't work at all nor does the indicator.

ah well never mind its just the wifes car.

and when you see her tell her im sorry, im off out, bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

very nasty, from your post I trust you are ok apart from being shaken? I hope the wife takes the news well.. regards sbm

Bad news Bob, I saw that tree as I came home, the funny thing was the highways dept where clearing up another tree about a mile back on the same road by the crux turning.
    pity they didn't sort that one to.

we have about a dozen mature trees down in ore woods over the last three storms, country wide there must be a vast amount down.

keep safe mate.

Tony

She's not going to be happy Bob, and even less so when you explain that had you been in the old Vitara with the bull bar it would be damage free

Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seibassman7 View Post
    very nasty, from your post I trust you are ok apart from being shaken? I hope the wife takes the news well.. regards sbm
    just a bit shaken, no matter how good a driver you are when these things just drop out the sky/off the side of the road etc there is nothing you can do about it.

it was just the loudness of the bang and then i could not see a thingfor a few seconds and i ground to a holt.

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Close call Bob

Glad your ok, the car can be repaired/replaced
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Christ, glad your all ok !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Bad news Bob, I saw that tree as I came home, the funny thing was the highways dept where clearing up another tree about a mile back on the same road by the crux turning.
    pity they didn't sort that one to.

we have about a dozen mature trees down in ore woods over the last three storms, country wide there must be a vast amount down.

keep safe mate.

Tony
    Hi Tony

I seen the police slow signs but as i got to the bottom of the first hill down from yours................bang,

happy new year bud and i still have that spare rubber ring for your swaro in the office at work,

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    She's not going to be happy Bob, and even less so when you explain that had you been in the old Vitara with the bull bar it would be damage free

Neil.
    neil she is home and not to upset.yet she is talking to dad on the phone while looking at it in the drive,

happy new year bud

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Close call Bob

Glad your ok, the car can be repaired/replaced
    very true big man just happy the wife and kids where not in it as she was going to drop me off and then pick me up after the shoot.

happy new year bud,

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmie View Post
    Christ, glad your all ok !!
    cheers Rimmie all ok but the boss is back and as yet i have not heard a bad word, but that could be because the girls are sat here with me.

happy new year bud.

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post

neil she is home and not to upset.yet she is talking to dad on the phone while looking at it in the drive,

happy new year bud

bob.
    Glad she's taking it fairly well, better a bent car than you mate.

All the best for the new year (when it comes)

Neil.

Blog Entries
    cheers neil

speak to you soon,

regards

bob.