Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: sako quad mounts

  1. #1

    sako quad mounts

    Hiya guys im thinking of drilling and tapping the action on my quad so I can fit a set of leapould qr bases so I can swop between day and night scope with return to zero set up the only problam I can see is making sure its all square and the screws dont interfear with the bolt.
    Your thoughts please cheers adrian ow and happy new year

  2. #2
    get a picatinny rail adaptor then use leupold qrw rings


    Atb Matt

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    get a picatinny rail adaptor then use leupold qrw rings


    Atb Matt
    Fair comment but I have the mounts sitting here from another rifle so I wouldnt have to pay for them

  4. #4

  5. #5
    As I said I am tempted to go the rail route but I have the mounts sitting here and their free but wanted to see if their was any particular reason for not doing it or any other considerations to look out for

  6. #6
    I think your find D.I.P. won't export to the UK. A British option is Third Eye Tactical, superb quality.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian0100 View Post
    As I said I am tempted to go the rail route but I have the mounts sitting here and their free but wanted to see if their was any particular reason for not doing it or any other considerations to look out for
    My thoughts would be dependant on if you intend keeping the rifle. If there is any chance that you are going to part with the rifle in the future, then you are more than likely going to have to sell it with the mounts included. I am particularly picky but I wouldn't buy an action that had been drilled and tapped by someone I do not know personally and trust implicitly. Drilling four holes in a receiver as small as the Quad requires implicit precision to ensure the holes are all in line with the center of the bore, if they are not then your mounts are not likely to be 'mount to zero' and you risk putting unnecessary strain on the body of the optic.

    For the minimal expense I would go down the one piece picatinny rail as mentioned above.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    I think your find D.I.P. won't export to the UK. A British option is Third Eye Tactical, superb quality.

    I think not, They seem to do sako 75 and 85 not the quad ,,, KINNEYS SHOOTING SUPPLY they are very good , made for sako quad , no drilling , and they do all the other bits , trigger guard. bolt handle , etc etc , take paypal or credit card,
    I have used them ,A very reliable ,, US Company,,

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ERIC View Post
    I think not, They seem to do sako 75 and 85 not the quad ,,, KINNEYS SHOOTING SUPPLY they are very good , made for sako quad , no drilling , and they do all the other bits , trigger guard. bolt handle , etc etc , take paypal or credit card,
    I have used them ,A very reliable ,, US Company,,
    Tacfire Systems (that seem to be the major web seller of Third eye) definitely list the Quad as an option in 0, 10 & 20 Moa options.

    Although as you state Kinneys seem to have the DIP products and appear willing to send to the UK.

    All good to have options.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    I think your find D.I.P. won't export to the UK. A British option is Third Eye Tactical, superb quality.
    i had a friend get the rail for me. i tried third eye but they weren't planning on making any and had nothing in stock.

    the DIP rail is great because its so thin and doesn't lift the scope too high.
    Last edited by artschool; 31-12-2013 at 14:21.

Similar Threads

  1. Quick Release Mounts for rimfire/air-rifle 9-11mm (Sako Quad etc)
    By bewsher500 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13-07-2013, 14:30
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-08-2012, 19:08
  3. sako quad
    By tikka 3006 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 07:55
  4. Sako quad
    By philip in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 20:40
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-05-2011, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •