Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what knife sharpener?

what knife sharpener?

Hi

I recently got a new knife made from O2 carbon tool steel which is very hard. Need to get a new sharpener for it, anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

Andreas

I have a double sided diamond jobby for use on the field and i have a lansky in the workshop

After 20yrs+ of using a DMT Diamond Aligner kit I have never found anything to beat this set up - red stone to achieve the correct angle then finish off with the green for a surgical edge.

Rgds

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

have you tried the "Warthog V" i have just bought one its very good easy to use and very sharp knifes, or the lansky i have both one takes more time than the other but both do the job very well
    K C Rimmington

+1 for DMT. I recently got one of the larger double sided fine/extra fine ones. I was astounded how quickly it put an edge on a decidedly blunt stainless Mora. Expensive, but an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin01041961 View Post
    have you tried the "Warthog V" i have just bought one its very good easy to use and very sharp knifes, or the lansky i have both one takes more time than the other but both do the job very well
    where re did you get the Warthog and how much?

Cheers guys. I'll check out the above online.

Some time ago I posted on here asking about the fallkniven dc4 and got a good response so invested in one, and when you crack the technique of the proper way to use it I find it does a truly excellent job which is kind on the blade and delivers a razor sharp edge is small so you can carry it in the field and is cheap worth a look for sure.

amazon or ebay go for the classic tell me how you get on, i as a bet did an old carving knife to do the bird on Christmas lunch it was like a razor within 20 mins
    K C Rimmington

Bottom of a ceramic mug, check it out on you tube!