Thread: Alterrnative to Butler Creeks

Alterrnative to Butler Creeks

These are a good as an alternative to the dreaded Breaking Butlers...

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...ze-filter.html

Good service too. One of the two I ordered was faulty, I was going to send it back for replacement by return post and John at the shop said just bin it, another one is on it's way.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

+1
    I fitted these to my S&B after getting fed up with the Butlers snapping off if you so much as touched them as you unslung the rifle. At least these have a bit of give at the hinge and for a fraction of the price.

I'm sure I have a set the same as these but with a different brand name.

They've been really good.

Think these are the same as the Blizzard scope covers they have a bit more flex than the Butler Craps!

The American forums are scathing about the quality of the newer Butler creeks! Ironically the sales have probably gone up, with people replacing the broken ones far more often than in previous years gone by! The Bushwackers look a bit cheap to my eyes when put on an expensive scope but at least the things are better quality than the newer Butler Creeks...... I would love to see one of the shooting magazines review the things and mention the very poor quality of them and invite the manufacturers to comment...... dont hold your breath though....... I can see the review in Sporting Rifle now - " I was sent on an all expenses paid freebee trip to Africa to review one of my favorite scope accessories.... the BUTLER CREEK flip up scope covers! and may I say what a joy they were to use, I have 15 vastly discounted rifle/scope outfits at home and everyone of them sports a set of the trusted classic BUTLER CREEK covers....Blah...Blah...Blah."
    Last edited by paultap; 06-01-2014 at 18:30.

This issue has been done to death recently. I've been repairing mine. Last one didn't like the recoil on the .308, the ocular cover floated down like confetti when I was shooting. Snapped clean off at the hinge.

Other than a Patent issue I cannot for the life of me see why someone is not offering a truly ruggedised offering at a price bang centre of the BC's and LS magnetic screw-in variety.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Other than a Patent issue I cannot for the life of me see why someone is not offering a truly ruggedised offering at a price bang centre of the BC's and LS magnetic screw-in variety.

K
    From a manufactuing perspective, I would think that most of the cost is in the tooling of the numerous sizes. Someone tooling and manufacturing one size is one task, tooling and supplying 30 sizes is another.

The design is no problem, the single design is just scaled-up in CAD which would take minutes.

Been looking for some decent ones! Cheers