Thread: fac application

fac application

Hi

Im just in the process of filling in the new fac form for the grant of shotgun and firearms certificate.

Got to the part of additional info. Any recommendations on what they are looking for?

Im thinking to put down my stalking experience, calibres ive used and the species im likely to shoot.

Any other tips?

Cheers

Andreas

There is no need. They can ask you that at interview. Write down as much as you need but as little as possible. Too many words and they can potentially twist it back on you.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Thanks Apache. I' ll keep it simple and to the point anything else they can ask.

Fingers crossed.

I gave all the relevant detail of my shooting experience, just in bullet points (no pun intended) in chronological order so the FLO had a good idea of what I had been doing to gain experience, clubs, DSC1, stalks and planned stalks etc. when he did the home visit he commented that he found it very helpful. So don't worry about how much you add, as long as it relevant. At least that was my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7046 View Post
    I gave all the relevant detail of my shooting experience, just in bullet points (no pun intended) in chronological order so the FLO had a good idea of what I had been doing to gain experience, clubs, DSC1, stalks and planned stalks etc. when he did the home visit he commented that he found it very helpful. So don't worry about how much you add, as long as it relevant. At least that was my experience.

+1 yep no harm in adding some information which will help at a later date
    Good luck
    Simon

When I originally did mine I had a letter from my mate who is a pro stalker saying I'd been out with him many times plus a local Keeper I'd shot with a lot any letters from pro stalkers / keepers would help
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions