Thread: Chamois in the Alps

Chamois in the Alps

Evening

I'm looking to go after chamois preferably in the Alps so Austria or possibly Eastern Europe. Does anyone know of any good outfitters to use or where to go?

Apart from the physical demands what other challenges are there?

Many thanks

Shooting at some pretty extreme angles can throw some people.

Stan

I can organise great shooting in Croatia mountains and it can be made as hard or easy going as you want.
    Regards john

mouflon can also be arranged.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 31-12-2013 at 18:15.

[QUOTE=rnjc;708105]Evening

I'm looking to go after chamois preferably in the Alps so Austria or possibly Eastern Europe. Does anyone know of any good outfitters to use or where to go?

Many thanks[/QUOT
    PM me I have a good contact in the Austrian Alps .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

The biggest challenge will be trying to convince yourself you don't need to go back, Austria is beautiful and the hospitality great.

The best bit of advice I can give, aside from trying for der gamsjagd or hochwild (probably spelt wrong) as it is sometimes refferred, is make sure you have extra time to do the touristy bit. I went with the wife, fraught with danger on a hunting holiday, and she loved it.

If your flying into Salzburg look out for owner of 'red bull's' collection of fighters, the noise of his P38 lightning taxi'ing on the runway drowned out the noise of the Boeing 737 that was taking off and it looked pretty awesome from where we were standing at passport control!!

Quote Originally Posted by rnjc View Post
    Evening

Many thanks
    Drop me a PM with your phone number and email address and I will give you the contact details of a colleague of mine who I am working with. He is very professional and ethical and I am sure will be able to help you out. I am hunting in the near future for Mouflon with him and we are planning to progress from there with all other species next year including driven Boar hunting.

I am away in the highlands with clients shortly so please bare that in mind.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I've hunted for Isard ( Pyreneen Chamois) in southern France, Alpine in Slovenia and Balkan in Croatia.

Most affordable was Alpine but all three are great hunts and experiences.