Thread: North Norfolk Getting Started

Question North Norfolk Getting Started

Hello everyone , i'm new to the forumn and stalking . After 30 years plus of vermin/rough shooting , ( using various shotguns), I am very keen and eager to start stalking .
    However where do I start? , not having a F.A.C. yet I have joined my local target rifle club , as good a start as any I guess?
    Then would a stalking taster day be next ? If so does anyone have any recommendations they know of in Norfolk.
    Any !!, advice on getting started and stalking in general would be gratefully received , Many thanks.

Welcome to the site, have a look in the 'deer stalking opportunities' section there will be some around Norfolk available. This will give you a few names to contact. regards sbm

Doing a DSC 1 course would be a good start point and will help towards your FAC application. The next BDS one nearest to you is in Bardwell (North Suffolk) 25-27 April 2014. Other than that, if you've shot for 30 years, you must know someone that does deer stalking? Ask if you can tag along and just watch/help. Where abouts are you in Norfolk?
    MS

Thanks for the replies , a small village just north of fakenham.

Good advice from Monkeyspanker. And welcome to the site.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Great forumn , definitely a good place to start , very helpful already , many thanks.

I have the same type of background as you. I joined a rifle club about 4 years ago and really got hooked, I did my DSC1 in November 2013 and enjoyed it. Luckily someone else doing the course was unbeknown to me a member of the same club and was good enough to take me stalking. I also have a paid stalk booked for the end of this month, and just maybe a postage size piece of land to shoot on. It pays to ask, you might get lucky. I found joining a club useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    I have the same type of background as you. I joined a rifle club about 4 years ago and really got hooked, I did my DSC1 in November 2013 and enjoyed it. Luckily someone else doing the course was unbeknown to me a member of the same club and was good enough to take me stalking. I also have a paid stalk booked for the end of this month, and just maybe a postage size piece of land to shoot on. It pays to ask, you might get lucky. I found joining a club useful.
    Thanks for your reply its nice to hear from someone who is / was in the same position as me as well as others who are welcoming and those that may be able to help.