Just saying hello

sandersj89

Hi, just joined up on the site after lurking from time to time in the past few months.

I recognise some of the names here from other forums I participate in.

I have just booked onto a weekend DSC1 course for the end of March and looking forward to it a great deal. Me plus a group of shooting friends making up a team of 6.

I am a very experienced shotgun shooter, been shooting that discipline for nearly 30 years in pretty much all it’s forms. During that time I have always owned air rifles and used to hold a FAC 20 years ago which I let lapse.

I am also very interested and active in many country sports ranging from fishing to hunting to shooting to game keeping to beating etc etc. I help run a country sports website forum as well.

However in early 2007 I gained a new FAC and have been enjoying using my HMR and getting used to rifle ownership again.

Recently I applied for a .243 to help out at the home farm with deer control. We have Fallow and Roe. In the past we have let friends do the stalking but I have always thought I would like to have a go so have taken the step of applying for a deer calibre and starting the book work.

Expect me to ask some daft questions if that is OK!

Jerry

Climb aboard and enjoy the ride. sounds to me like you might be putting more in than you take out. Thanks for introducing yourself.
Buckup

Hello sandersj89 and welcome to the forum. Sounds as if you have it all working nicely with stalking available, well done you. Don't worry, you won't be asking daft question's, if you are on here asking a genuine question you would only be asking because you did not know, and in that case you would get your answer, providing someone knows it of course, enjoy yourself

John

Hi sandersj89!

No such thing as a daft question. Ask away, some are just to scared to in case they might look daft, different thing.
It's not a bad forum, especially if you like to follow crazy threads about semi-aquatic fauna.

Geoshot

welcome aboard

Welcome aboard mate. Please feel free to ask whatever you need. Sometimes you might feel it's a daft question. but it's not, everyone started somewhere. I for one will be delighted and happy to help with any advice or practicle help i can. Although i am not an expert

swampy

now then sandersj89

welcome to the site, as with all the other replies i'll offer any advice i can.

good luck with DSC1, you will learn so much just doing that - great way to start.

Mr Fish

Thanks for the warm welcome, got lots of reading and planning to do as the end of march is not that far away now.

Also need to sort out a new rifle too as I would like to take that to do the test though there is a rifle available to hire if needed. (Just hope Sussex Police can get their finger out with the paperwork!)

Jerry

geoshot said:
Hi sandersj89!

No such thing as a daft question. Ask away, some are just to scared to in case they might look daft, different thing.
It's not a bad forum, especially if you like to follow crazy threads about semi-aquatic fauna.

Geoshot

Coypu?

Welcome to the lodge sandersj89!

Back