Thread: FAC Variation Advice

FAC Variation Advice

I have on my cert two rimfire rifles and two full bores. One of the rim fires is for a target rifle which I no longer use. I want to change the target rifle for a Ruger 22/10.......how do I word the variation application?? The target rifle is bolt action and the Ruger must be classed as something else due to the automatic function. Any advice...will have a chat with my FLO next week..

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduncan View Post
    I have on my cert two rimfire rifles and two full bores. One of the rim fires is for a target rifle which I no longer use. I want to change the target rifle for a Ruger 22/10.......how do I word the variation application?? The target rifle is bolt action and the Ruger must be classed as something else due to the automatic function. Any advice...will have a chat with my FLO next week..
    Imo it's a straight one for one variation
    you have a target .22, you want a semi .22 and the restriction opened up to include 1a vermin and ground game
    only question they might ask is why do you need two rimfires (easy, I have 6 on mine!)

dedicated night vision
    different chamber hmr, wmr etc
    longer vs shorter barrel for vehicle use
    one zeroed for subs one for HV
    semi vs bolt

etc eet good luck

Its easy to do a free one for one variation on this..
    You're going to be doing bunny bashing at night-time, so you got rid of the bolt action .22lr and you need a semi-auto for the rabbits.. there might be a few in the lamp, so you want an autoloader for speed..
    Still have the new semi-auto for target shooting as well, but get rid of the fac restrictions by doing vermin control too.
    Have you land you can use, and get a permission letter from the landowner??

Quote Originally Posted by James8870 View Post
    Its easy to do a free one for one variation on this..
    You're going to be doing bunny bashing at night-time, so you got rid of the bolt action .22lr and you need a semi-auto for the rabbits.. there might be a few in the lamp, so you want an autoloader for speed..
    Still have the new semi-auto for target shooting as well, but get rid of the fac restrictions by doing vermin control too.
    Have you land you can use, and get a permission letter from the landowner??

as above,

i have 2 slots for .22rf on my FAC, one bolt action and one semi-auto, both for vermin control

good luck
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduncan View Post
    The action type need not be specified in the authority to acquire, if your slot is for a 22LR target rifle you can buy a 10-22 without the need for a variation.
    The action type will be stated when the RFD fills in your FAC.
    If you have sold the Target 22LR then you will have to ask for the authority to be left open within 7 days of selling the rifle but you do not need to specify action type.

Ian.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 05-01-2014 at 23:35.