Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Pulsar N550 Night Vision Digisight

  1. #1

    Pulsar N550 Night Vision Digisight

    Another item to move on (need to fund payment for a DFA75 that the wife knows nothing about )

    Pulsar N550 Digisight Night Vision

    I have had this mounted on a 17HMR but am moving over to a 223 with a DFA75 so selling this one, as you can see from photos its unmarked. plenty of clips on YouTube about these if you are not sure about what they can do etc.

    Comes with box, remote, carry case and clip on additional IR illumination

    625 insured delivery Reduced 600 or sensible offer

    Any questions please ask

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140101_203106.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	36370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140101_203359.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	36371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140101_203410.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	36372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140101_203505.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	36373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140101_203829.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	36374

    Regards Nigel
    Last edited by nthor; 08-03-2014 at 20:04.

  2. #2
    Hi nthor
    Can you say how much use this has had,is the condition as good looks, is that dovetail mounts onto the rail ATB Steve

  3. #3
    Hi,
    A friend and I went to a night vision demo and bought 1 each and some Zeiss RF Binos each, we spent 6K between us and intended to use them rather than lamps.

    However with stalking, target shooting, clay's and practical shotgun we have not been out much, in saying that I have still just bought a DFA75 as one came along at the right price and will allow me to use my 223 where as I had this on a 17HMR. Use wise not very much I bet I have been out with it less than half a dozen times that's why it looks so clean!!!

    The mounts are for a CZ452, the case and remote etc has never been used, to be honest I am very anal with my stuff and keep everything up together.

    I would happily sell it to someone local as I know its in good order and will not be getting any complaints from the buyer, it really is in good order working wise and cosmetic

    Thanks for the interest
    Nigel

  4. #4
    still for sale

  5. #5
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,828
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    nigel

    may i ask what the detection range for fox is with this set up as it is,


    may i ask what it could be with another long range external ir illuminator.

    the reason i am asking is that i have a lad who reads the site but is not a member and has asked me to do s, so that he can read the info for himself (so that i can't mess it up that is)

    many thanks

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    nigel

    may i ask what the detection range for fox is with this set up as it is,


    may i ask what it could be with another long range external ir illuminator.

    the reason i am asking is that i have a lad who reads the site but is not a member and has asked me to do s, so that he can read the info for himself (so that i can't mess it up that is)

    many thanks

    bob.
    With a decent illuminator, picking up eyes at over 300 yards is possible. I have shot a fox at 190yards and have watched rabbits at a measured 310yards. This with a T20ir and an NM800ir. An N1000 let me light up a line of trees at @ 600 yards but there was too much fleur to make it viable. An L808 was better but not as good as the IR torches.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    With a decent illuminator, picking up eyes at over 300 yards is possible. I have shot a fox at 190yards and have watched rabbits at a measured 310yards. This with a T20ir and an NM800ir. An N1000 let me light up a line of trees at @ 600 yards but there was too much fleur to make it viable. An L808 was better but not as good as the IR torches.
    Thanks to Davek for his reply, its good that someone other than me the seller has confirmed the ability, any thing else just ask. If you were local I would say come and have a look in the dark.
    Last edited by nthor; 06-01-2014 at 23:06.

  8. #8
    Sorry just noticed Bob you wanted to know as per how it is now so:

    As for range despite people claiming 250m and 300m with a out of the box set up (as this one is), you will get 150m in almost any conditions and 200m on a clear night, that's "shooting distance" you can see further but I would not shoot much past 200m at night anyway, by time you have ID'd the target and checked for safety etc 200m will be about your safe limit. Plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to have a few looks.

    As per Davek if you add a better IR you can see further
    Last edited by nthor; 06-01-2014 at 23:10.

  9. #9
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,828
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by nthor View Post
    Sorry just noticed Bob you wanted to know as per how it is now so:

    As for range despite people claiming 250m and 300m with a out of the box set up (as this one is), you will get 150m in almost any conditions and 200m on a clear night, that's "shooting distance" you can see further but I would not shoot much past 200m at night anyway, by time you have ID'd the target and checked for safety etc 200m will be about your safe limit. Plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to have a few looks.

    As per Davek if you add a better IR you can see further
    Nigel and Dave.

    thank you both for a great input, i hope Iain is happy with the reply as i can't mess it up now, and to the other board members this will also help them out coming from a trusted member aand user of this site,

    regards

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  10. #10
    I too have the basic N550 and IR illuminator on a CZ 452 17HMR and can easily & clearly see & identify rabbits at 200 yds. It's not a bad set up.
    Wingy

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 18:10
  2. Pulsar Digisight N750 Night Vision Riflescope, anybody use them
    By docholiday in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 16:51
  3. *SOLD* pulsar N550 DIGISIGHT (night vishion scope)
    By CWMMAN3738 in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 19:09
  4. *SOLD* Pulsar N550 Digisight Night Vision Scope
    By 243Sako in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 17:01
  5. *SOLD* Pulsar N550 Digisight Night Vision
    By 243Sako in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-04-2011, 14:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •