Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided to leave the German syndicate

Decided to leave the German syndicate

Not to good news at the beginning of the new year for me i am afraid. Me and my dad decided to get out of the syndicate in Germany we are in.
    I decided to do so when a couple of weeks ago the head of the syndicate deliberately shot at 2 wild boar who where standing after each other. He tried to get 2 in 1 shot. To me that is total disrespect to the animals youre hunting (and even against the law i think). One was dead, and the other wounded and not found, even with the tracking dog. He thinks this behaviour is normal , and he would do it again as it is "the thrill of the shooting" he said. In the past i collided with him on more occasions in the way you hunt and the respect you should have to animals. After this last incident i gave him a lot of verbal abuse which he was not happy with off course. I cannot enjoy hunting and shooting with people who think the way he does, so me and my dad decided to leave the syndicate.
    Partly i am relieved, partly i am disapointed.
    Relieved that i do not have to put up with all the negative aspects of him hunting (which reflects on the whole syndicate), disapointed as i had some good times hunting there as well (also with my British guests) and made a lot of effort in for instance building and restoring high seats, network with the locals and taking guests out.

Now I will be going forward and looking for other opportunities in the Netherlands, Germany, and even the UK. I might be joining the Dutch syndicate of my life time mentor. He is thinking of leaving the syndicate due to his old age and already proposed me as his successor with the other members. (By the way Ross of this site shot his first boar ever on these grounds, he knows the surrounding) Still unsure though if this might work as the State Forestry Commission has the final word on taking on new members as it is their grounds. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I also will be looking for some paid roe or fallowstalking later this year for me and my dad (as i cannot do swaps anymore for the time being). So if anybody knows some relaxed honest people i will be interested. Not looking for big thropies but some enjoyable hunting with likeminded hunters.
    Will keep you posted on the developments.
    Last edited by Holland&Holland; 02-01-2014 at 10:58.

Hi Holland and Holland

Hope you are able to join your new syndicate, and all goes well for you, With regards to stalking in the uk i think Robin off this site takes out a few clients, why not send him a pm

all the best
    Les

I'm sorry you've lost some valued shooting, but all credit to you for supporting humane sportsmanship in both word and deed, and for recognising that it is better to sacrifice shooting opportunities (in all senses) than your integrity.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

The guy you mention shooting at a "two for one" situation would be kicked out of the Jagdschein test, rather swiftly I think.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I admire you for standing up for what you believe and voting with your feet. I am sure it was not an easy decision for you to make. Good luck in finding a new syndicate. Regards sbm

Good for you for having the courage of your convictions. I have never met you but your actions tell me a lot about you. The actions of the head of your syndicate tells me a lot about him too.

good on you, i would not want to be part of a synicate like that

Sorry to hear about your leaving the syndicate, its a shame when people make life awkward for others and don't even realise it.

Let me know if you want to come over to hunt Roe Bucks as I will be taking bookings for the coming season very soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000113.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	36398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000079.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	565.4 KB 
ID:	36399

Two nice bucks from 2013 season. The left hand side one is being measured for a medal this weekend.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Sorry to haer of the situation with the other syndicate member it really is a Shame when people don't respect thier quarry , but well done for standing up for your principles .
    i hope you enjoy stalking in the uk I'm sure you will
    atb and happy new year
    Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Sorry to hear about your leaving the syndicate, its a shame when people make life awkward for others and don't even realise it.

Let me know if you want to come over to hunt Roe Bucks as I will be taking bookings for the coming season very soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000113.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	36398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000079.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	565.4 KB 
ID:	36399

Two nice bucks from 2013 season. The left hand side one is being measured for a medal this weekend.

ATB

Sikamalc
    two beaut bucks there malc I'm not jealous at all! ......... Honest lol
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions