Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Squirrel Poison

Grey Squirrel Poison

I understand that another tool from our pest control box is to be lost. The squirrel poison that I use a lot is probably going to be taken off the market.The reason being as Cymag was, is that it is coming up for relabeling shortly,which costs the manufacturer a million pounds. As the manufacturer does not sell enough to recoup their investment it will be lost.
    Now my thoughts are that Grey squirrel control goes on in the interests of red squirrels, forestry, bird life, etc, etc, etc. Which while we are doing this,the RSPB, English Nature and many other organisations benefit from our use of this poison.
    We know that many organisations including our own BASC, CA AND NGO are on Stalking Directory and hopefully read this post. Would it be possible for them to encourage these organisations to help the manufacturer to retain the label. Wf1

Why in the world would anybody poison a squirrel??? Taste better and are much more fun to hunt than tame pheasants and greasy ducks.....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    Why in the world would anybody poison a squirrel??? Taste better and are much more fun to hunt than tame pheasants and greasy ducks.....
    If you had them in your loft of your house gnawing the electric cables and the house burnt down,you would think slightly dfferent .Wf1

At a guess it's because the tree rat like its mate the brown rat is also urban making home in our homes Ect making control with firearms and trapping difficult or dangerous ?
    Norma

Edit
    sorry WF1 you beat me to it lol

.. I used to sell Cymag and was horrified how people used/misused it!!-it scared me witless when people were doing their wasp nests by their front doors with cymag not knowing how deadly it is.
    which poison are they taking off market now- the warfarin based one?
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler1 View Post
    I understand that another tool from our pest control box is to be lost. The squirrel poison that I use a lot is probably going to be taken off the market.The reason being as Cymag was, is that it is coming up for relabeling shortly,which costs the manufacturer a million pounds. As the manufacturer does not sell enough to recoup their investment it will be lost.
    Now my thoughts are that Grey squirrel control goes on in the interests of red squirrels, forestry, bird life, etc, etc, etc. Which while we are doing this,the RSPB, English Nature and many other organisations benefit from our use of this poison.
    We know that many organisations including our own BASC, CA AND NGO are on Stalking Directory and hopefully read this post. Would it be possible for them to encourage these organisations to help the manufacturer to retain the label. Wf1

you'd poison an animal just to avoid badly needed repairs on your house.... Have fun with it... poison hell out of em... My only hope is that they die in your attic and walls and stink you outta the house.... How hard is it to plug/patch holes?

I've had some cracking fun drey shooting at this time of the year. 3 or 4 of you with 12ft/lb air rifles. A real challenge.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

you'd poison an animal just to avoid badly needed repairs on your house.... Have fun with it... poison hell out of em... My only hope is that they die in your attic and walls and stink you outta the house.... How hard is it to plug/patch holes?
    You just dont get it do you,never mind pet.Wf1