new scope....

6mmAI

well.... I am going to get a new scope, but that is where I don't know what to do... do I get a Swarovski Z6I 5-30x50...... or Swarovski Z6 5-30x50...? what are the benefits of having the illuminated reticule? I have a hawke with ir and never use it... as it lights up the whole scope and it is S**T.... I have looked through the swaro ones but cant remember what the 4A are like lit up... and help, and your thoughts would be great.... and if any one lives round Jedburgh area and has a swaro with a 4A reticule it would be even better if I could have a look through it....

cheers charlie

Just my 2p worth but thats a lot of mag, have you looked at the 2.5-15, I found with very high mag you do loose light.

I was talking to a guy tonight who will be putting a Z6i 2.5-15x56 gen 2 with illuminated, he said its 7 months old and perfect condition I think it will be going up for sale at about £1750, I have one of these on my 223 for Fox and 15x is plenty.

Just my 2p worth but thats a lot of mag, have you looked at the 2.5-15, I found with very high mag you do loose light.

I was talking to a guy tonight who will be putting a Z6i 2.5-15x56 gen 2 with illuminated, he said its 7 months old and perfect condition I think it will be going up for sale at about £1750, I have one of these on my 223 for Fox and 15x is plenty.

I have herd that, but I like going out and seeing how far I can shoot crows, and if I get the 5-30 I don't have to wind it up to 30, I could have it say half way for use with the lamp or woodland, and then wind it round to 30 for trying to see if I can hit some crows and a good step... that was my thinking...

What are you going to use it for?
ive got a Swarovski 6-24 and recently Z6i 5-30, which is great. Thoroughly recommend paying the extra for illuminated reticle. It's only a small dot which at high zoom is about the same size as a rabbit's eye at 200 yds. It can be set at any level between nothing and distractingly bright. For dusk/night shooting I wouldn't go back to non illuminated.

The Swaro illuminated dot is tiny and at lowest setting is actually faint enough to be missed in daylight.
I've used Leupold, Zeiss S&B etc, and rate the Swaro as at least the equal of a Schmidt, better than the rest.
I own 3 S&B Zeniths and only one Swaro Z6i (so far) - so I'm hardly a Swaro nut.
I'd prefer to have illumination than not, better looking at it than for it.........

What are you going to use it for?
ive got a Swarovski 6-24 and recently Z6i 5-30, which is great. Thoroughly recommend paying the extra for illuminated reticle. It's only a small dot which at high zoom is about the same size as a rabbit's eye at 200 yds. It can be set at any level between nothing and distractingly bright. For dusk/night shooting I wouldn't go back to non illuminated.

fox in the lamp + day, long range corvid shooting, and the odd deer, it will eather be put on my 222 rem or 220 swift not sure at the moment.....

Got 4-16 swar on stalking rifle and 6-24i swar on foxing outfit illumination is fantastic in my opinion it enables you to get on target a lot quicker at ranges it may take a split second to when the cross hairs are faint at further shots especially using a red nightmaster. I don't seen to remember loosing light at 24x but rarely use that much mag as it tightens the field of view too much for me, good luck with your purchase bud.

I have the Z6i 2.5 - 15 x 56. BT. It is by far the best scope I have used as for the illuminated dot there are 2 instant settings 1 for daylight that's quite bright and 1 for dusk that's quite dim, once switched on either of these can be increased or decreased in increments to suit.
One example out lamping mate had fox in lamp at 250 yds, he could only make out eye shine but I could clearly see the whole fox and with the red dot turned down it did not shadow the image at all
Wingy

I have the Z6i 2.5 - 15 x 56. BT. It is by far the best scope I have used as for the illuminated dot there are 2 instant settings 1 for daylight that's quite bright and 1 for dusk that's quite dim, once switched on either of these can be increased or decreased in increments to suit.
One example out lamping mate had fox in lamp at 250 yds, he could only make out eye shine but I could clearly see the whole fox and with the red dot turned down it did not shadow the image at all
Wingy

ah sounds handy... but what are the advantage of having the bt?

ah sounds handy... but what are the advantage of having the bt?

It's like having multiple zeroing points
With 4 settings I can zero 100 grain ammunition at 100 yds on the 1st
A quick click to the 2nd and that's my zero at 300 yds for same ammo
Now drop in 75 grain V Max and re zero at 100 yds on the 3rd setting and so on
This way you can save your settings for different ammunition or different ranges or a combination of both. The marks are easy to see (and feel in the dark) and easy to use
Wingy

Back