Thread: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

What was wrong with the old FAC license? I've just collected my FAC after a variation and got the new style FAC license back.

It's now on 6 pages, and the fonts used are much bigger!! For a scheme that apparently costs so much to run......blah blah blah. What was the point of increasing the paper and ink cost by 50%.

Have just downloaded the new forms for my renewal - supposed to make it easier so instead of 7 sides of questions we now have 12!! At least the separate referee forms have been done away with so you'll know all the paperwork has been sent in when you send the form back.

Apparently still much cheaper and safer than moving to a credit card size approach with on-line link ........

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Apparently still much cheaper and safer than moving to a credit card size approach with on-line link ........
    That would be great. Even a driving license style paper and card would be better. Take the paper part when buying guns etc and use just the photo card for buying ammo and proof FAC holder etc. Can have your calibres on the back like your driving license categories.

Although would mean not having to write your ammo sales down, which is stupid anyway.

A plastic card as well as a paper certificate, i can hear the teeth sucking now... they have a target of 42 days to turn around renewals (my local force says 42 working days but I believe it is 42 calendar days, i.e. 6 weeks) how much longer would they need to do both & can you imagine how easy it would be to send the wrong card with the paper certificate

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    How much longer would they need to do both & can you imagine how easy it would be to send the wrong card with the paper certificate
    Well that system is already in place so wouldn't take long to implement. If the DVLA can do it I'm sure a bunch of bobbies couldn't **** it up. After all the DVLA processes a hell of a lot more driving licenses than the police do FACs & SGCs

The New Zealand FA License is the same size as the Plastic part of the UK / NZ Drivers License. So much easier to put in your wallet.