Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: level two with the BDS for 492 for two days.

level two with the BDS for 492 for two days.

I saw this and thought I would post on here might be of use to some. It seems a very reasonable rate There is more info on there web site about it..

We have modernized our Deer Stalking Certificate 2 (DSC2) by signing up a 1,000-acre deer park in Sussex to help candidates with no access to their own stalking ground complete the three witnessed deer stalks. The two day package is offered at an affordable all-inclusive price of 492.

Sounds like a very good deal to me!

May be just me but the line "to help canditates with no access to their own ground" contradicts the reason level 2 is here!!! We do level 1 which is classroom based go and hone our skills then apply for level 2. Then prove we know what weve learned. How does a canditate do this with no ground of their own? Paid stalks? No offense but how does following a pro, being shown a beast, told where to shoot it then watch it being gralloched and dealt with, enhance the level 1 towards the level of experiance needed to sit level 2?

Nutty

Had this discussion at the weekend. Im on the fence on this 1
    Atb steve

Seems like LEV 2 has lost its meaning and deer parks for shooting deer to me is like shoot pets in a country park .Is it any wonder why people worry about such qualifications.
    In my opinion why not make it simulated and stalk a card board cut out.

I tend to agree, surely level 2 is something to work towards if you have the access to stalking. It's very demeaning of a level 2 qualification(?) to near enough guarantee it in a deer park.

You could technically do level one and two within a couple of weeks and have no prior experience of deer stalking, then gain a lease from FC and be none the wiser!

Quote Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
    I tend to agree, surely level 2 is something to work towards if you have the access to stalking. It's very demeaning of a level 2 qualification(?) to near enough guarantee it in a deer park.

You could technically do level one and two within a couple of weeks and have no prior experience of deer stalking, then gain a lease from FC and be none the wiser!

Yip 100%. As said it makes a joke of everything. And in my eyes shows the money making side of it.

Nutty

Makes me smile ! For BDS members only.

BDS Love to boast that they are NOT a pro stalking Group, but a Deer welfare group !

Strange they love to make their money from Stalkers, And one they have extracted as much as possible from Level 2 then the FC will want a higher qualification, and BDS will gladly agree to more free money !

The real reasons for the course is the take up is very small next to Level 1 courses. And IF it's NOT supported then the award loses its value, and the whole DMC thing loses momentum.

I have a fair bit of ground to shoot on (all I will ever need) and would never consider doing DSC2. How would having it enhance my life?? Would I get cheaper insurance? Better prices at the game dealers?

I'm pretty sure there will be people whose only chance of getting stalking is on an FC lease and their only chance of getting an FC lease is doing a DSC 2 in this manner. Why not let them? We should be complaining about the commission created demand, not the BDS' supply.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    I saw this and thought I would post on here might be of use to some. It seems a very reasonable rate There is more info on there web site about it..

We have modernized our Deer Stalking Certificate 2 (DSC2) by signing up a 1,000-acre deer park in Sussex to help candidates with no access to their own stalking ground complete the three witnessed deer stalks. The two day package is offered at an affordable all-inclusive price of 492.
    I'm very much a supporter of the BDS but with offers like this the L2
    qualification is at serious risk of looking like a ' pay your money, here's your
    certificate' type of malarkey... 1000 acre deer park indeed !!!