Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 7x64 and 7x57

  1. #1

    7x64 and 7x57

    I own a 7x64 and a good mate owns a 7x57. He reloads and as yet I don't. My question is, what extras would I need to buy (besides a good bottle of wine) to be able to use his press etc to reload for my 7x64?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

  2. #2
    Dies and check reloading data for types of powder to suit your calibre .

  3. #3
    corkscrew
    cheers lister

  4. #4
    Just dies as the shell holders should be the same size. I'm trying some 7 x 57 loads now, can you ask you friend if he would be kind enough to let me know his load details please. I haven't found a load that I'm totally happy with yet.

    Thanks

    Paul

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    Just dies as the shell holders should be the same size. I'm trying some 7 x 57 loads now, can you ask you friend if he would be kind enough to let me know his load details please. I haven't found a load that I'm totally happy with yet.

    Thanks

    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    Ping an email off to Gunner from this site. He is the guy with the 7x57. Hope you get some useful info from him.
    Regards,
    Mark

  6. #6
    Mark,

    No problem with sharing my stuff and there is very little you will need to get. I'll give you a call to discuss.

    Regards,

    Jim

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    Just dies as the shell holders should be the same size. I'm trying some 7 x 57 loads now, can you ask you friend if he would be kind enough to let me know his load details please. I haven't found a load that I'm totally happy with yet.

    Thanks

    Paul
    Paul,

    I'm very much just starting my reloading journey and like you I have yet to find a load that really suits my rifle yet. I hope to have a range day this coming week and I am going to shoot a charge ladder using H4831SC powder and Swift Scirocco II 150 gn polymer tip boat tail spitzer bullets.

    I'll let you know how it goes,

    Regards,

    Jim

  8. #8
    Just a thought - H414 under 140 grain Nosler anything works very well, as do 160gn Accubonds over the same powder. 7mm entry and usually 25mm or less exit. Works on Roe,Fallow and Sika. Have a look on 24hourcampsite.com for reloading ideas. A lot of users in the USA, some good ideas, some not so good, but all are interesting.

  9. #9
    Ive been loading this calibre for years taken everything from munties to wilderbeest pm me if you need some data
    Drag1

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka 260 View Post
    Just a thought - H414 under 140 grain Nosler anything works very well, as do 160gn Accubonds over the same powder. 7mm entry and usually 25mm or less exit. Works on Roe,Fallow and Sika. Have a look on 24hourcampsite.com for reloading ideas. A lot of users in the USA, some good ideas, some not so good, but all are interesting.
    Hi Tikka
    That's interesting as I use H414 for my .243 and have been trying to find a load with this powder along with 139grn heads. The rifle is a Heym SR44B http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...mmmmmeeeeeeeee! If you have a load that works really well then could you please let me know. The best I have found to date is 44.4 grns. This is only grouping at about 1 1/4" though at 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drag1 View Post
    Ive been loading this calibre for years taken everything from munties to wilderbeest pm me if you need some data
    Drag1
    Yes please any info you have about 140 grn heads and powder loads would be much appreciated.
    ATB
    Paul

Similar Threads

  1. 7x57 or 7x64
    By shbangsteve in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 21:13
  2. 7x64
    By Hales Smut in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 12:04
  3. 7x64
    By trigwig78 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-07-2012, 22:50
  4. 7x64
    By 65X55 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 18:40
  5. Will a 7x57 convert to 7x64
    By Heym SR20 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-02-2009, 23:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •