7x64 and 7x57

buckup

I own a 7x64 and a good mate owns a 7x57. He reloads and as yet I don't. My question is, what extras would I need to buy (besides a good bottle of wine) to be able to use his press etc to reload for my 7x64?
Thanks,
Mark.

Just dies as the shell holders should be the same size. I'm trying some 7 x 57 loads now, can you ask you friend if he would be kind enough to let me know his load details please. I haven't found a load that I'm totally happy with yet.

Thanks

Paul

Just dies as the shell holders should be the same size. I'm trying some 7 x 57 loads now, can you ask you friend if he would be kind enough to let me know his load details please. I haven't found a load that I'm totally happy with yet.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,
Ping an email off to Gunner from this site. He is the guy with the 7x57. Hope you get some useful info from him.
Regards,
Mark

Mark,

No problem with sharing my stuff and there is very little you will need to get. I'll give you a call to discuss.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

I'm very much just starting my reloading journey and like you I have yet to find a load that really suits my rifle yet. I hope to have a range day this coming week and I am going to shoot a charge ladder using H4831SC powder and Swift Scirocco II 150 gn polymer tip boat tail spitzer bullets.

I'll let you know how it goes,

Regards,

Jim

Just a thought - H414 under 140 grain Nosler anything works very well, as do 160gn Accubonds over the same powder. 7mm entry and usually 25mm or less exit. Works on Roe,Fallow and Sika. Have a look on 24hourcampsite.com for reloading ideas. A lot of users in the USA, some good ideas, some not so good, but all are interesting.

Ive been loading this calibre for years taken everything from munties to wilderbeest pm me if you need some data
Drag1

Just a thought - H414 under 140 grain Nosler anything works very well, as do 160gn Accubonds over the same powder. 7mm entry and usually 25mm or less exit. Works on Roe,Fallow and Sika. Have a look on 24hourcampsite.com for reloading ideas. A lot of users in the USA, some good ideas, some not so good, but all are interesting.

Hi Tikka
That's interesting as I use H414 for my .243 and have been trying to find a load with this powder along with 139grn heads. The rifle is a Heym SR44B http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/76589-Happy-christmas-to-mmmmmeeeeeeeee! If you have a load that works really well then could you please let me know. The best I have found to date is 44.4 grns. This is only grouping at about 1 1/4" though at 100.

Ive been loading this calibre for years taken everything from munties to wilderbeest pm me if you need some data
Drag1

Yes please any info you have about 140 grn heads and powder loads would be much appreciated.
ATB
Paul

The 7x57mm is one of my "main" calibers and I've had good success with VV N160 with everything from 139-grain Hornadys up through 175-grain Hornady RNs. However, I've wound up using -- more than anything -- a load consisting of 40.7 grains H4350 under a 175-grain Hornady RN, which I've chronographed at 2276 FPS and 2011 LB-FT of energy. It's not a scorcher, but it shoots fairly flat to within 300 yards and kills things dead.

Back