Thread: ballistic turret options.

ballistic turret options.

Having used a Swavorski scope with a ballistic turret I have to say I quite fancy a scope with BT's.
    Unfortunatly I don't think my pocket money will be able to cover the cost of the swaros.

Having looked around I see that Leupold do a scope with custom ballistic turrets, (think they call them a custom dial system)
    Has any one had any experience of custom turrets either Leupold or any other make?

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    Having used a Swavorski scope with a ballistic turret I have to say I quite fancy a scope with BT's.
    Unfortunatly I don't think my pocket money will be able to cover the cost of the swaros.

Having looked around I see that Leupold do a scope with custom ballistic turrets, (think they call them a custom dial system)
    Has any one had any experience of custom turrets either Leupold or any other make?
    I used a 3.5-10x40 mark 4 leupold for many years on my 308 because the 308 turret matched the 168 tap round spot on out of my 20" gun , you get 4 turrets with the scope and others are available or you could go to Kenton industries in the states for a truly custom turret ?

I have data on the rifle now that I use with my PM2 and my march , I've often considered getting custom turrets made up but just never bothered getting round to it!
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Cheers Tack
    Is the Mark 4 one of the tactical scopes with both windage and elevation adjustments?

Cheers Tack
    Is the Mark 4 one of the tactical scopes with both windage and elevation adjustments?
    yes , I had the m3 turrets which are 1moa for elevation and 1/2moa for windage , superb for getting hits quickly and simply

M1 turrets are 1/4 moa and don't have zero stop , finer adjustments but more complicated to use
    M2 turrets are 1/2 moa elevation
    M5 turrets are 0.1 mil metric adjustments

I have two M3's one with illumination one without , the older mark fours seem to have better glass but that might just be my eyes?

I just sent my illuminated one back to leupold for a repair and service , it's come back as new and it cost me nothing other than shipping , leupolds warranty seems great !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Funnily enough I had thought the same thing but didn't want to shell out a load of money for something I wouldn't actually use much.

Whilst looking on eBay I came across the Stoney Point ballistic turrets that just screw onto a Leupold scope instead of the dust cover. At 50 or so I wasn't sure but then saw some from China for 12 delivered. Knowing these were either fakes or just made in the same factory and sold off direct I thought I'd risk it.

It took about 3 weeks to arrive and I was pleasantly surprised when it did as it seemed really well made from quality materials and very precise. It came in what looked like original packaging with full instructions and an Allen key to adjust the zero marks. It screwed on perfectly and there is no slop in the adjustment just nice and tight and really easy to adjust.

Zeroing was much easier and just as accurate and gives me the choice to adjust for drop now very easily. If I decide I don't like it or want to sell etc I can just remove it and place the dust cap back on.

ahhh very interesting stuff - a simple question on SD has uncovered more than an afternoon of googling!

tack thanks for the info. Glad you are pleased with the leupolds.

Nun_hunter, what scope have you fitted the turrest too?

Edit: Here is a link to the turret on ebay. It states that they are not suitable for the new type Leupold.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Piece-St...item23344adf2e
    Last edited by scubadog; 04-01-2014 at 13:59.

I dont know know which model mine is as I bought it second hand but from the serial number it's a 1982 scope, fixed power 10x. I think as long as your scope has the coin slot to adjust the elevation then these turrets work as I believe the newer ones don't have this coin slot. For 12 it was worth the risk and if I like it and it turns out to be a fake and a bit flimsy after use I'll prob get a genuine StoneyPoint one.

ahhh very interesting stuff - a simple question on SD has uncovered more than an afternoon of googling!

tack thanks for the info. Glad you are pleased with the leupolds.

Nun_hunter, what scope have you fitted the turrest too?

Edit: Here is a link to the turret on ebay. It states that they are not suitable for the new type Leupold.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Piece-St...item23344adf2e