what rings and bases

robert1666

i have bought a Tikka M65 in 30-06 and the scope ive got for it has a 30mm tube , could someone tell me what rings and bases i need to get for this gun?

Not particularly pretty but very functional and almost certainly the cheapest would be rings from Sportsmatch. Its a British make and very strong.

On my SAKOs, and on my father's T3, we have Tikka/SAKO Optilock mounts.
I don't know if the T3-style bases fit the older Tikkas, but if they do I would suggest them as a possible option.

For the classic look, I like Warne mounts (which has a base to fit the Tika's), all steel and strong. I have never had to lap Warne rings, straight and true out of the box.

For the tactical look, put on a steel picatinny rail with one piece rings and an option of a quick release.

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Not particularly pretty but very functional and almost certainly the cheapest would be rings from Sportsmatch. Its a British make and very strong.

+1 for Sportsmatch.
They offer a fast and efficient email advice service - just email them with details of your rifle and scope and they will recommend something (from their range) that will fit.

Just put Sportsmatch on my .22 they seem very strong.

Beware of the Sportsmatch measurements - they push you towards getting very high rings, had to swap mine and I could still go lower.

Edit: I have just purchased Sportsmatch TO48C mounts for my M65 which has a 4x44 1" scope. Will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
Back