Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 out of 4 CIC medals aint bad !!

3 out of 4 CIC medals aint bad !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000193.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	36443

Well today saw me driving in deepest West Sussex to meet BM who is an official CIC measurer. I have spoke several times to him over the years, but never visited with him.

A warm welcome and a cup of tea were waiting for me. Having just visited my lease nearby to collect various antlers and to skin out a massive Fallow doe shot by Ricky off this site (skin off and head legs etc 83lbs)
    I arrived 45 minutes later with 3heads taken this year and a Muntjac I shot some years back in Northamptonshire.

The Fallow I shot in September missed a Bronze medal by a couple of points. But as BM pointed out it is still every inch a trophy head.

The two Roe I took this past year 2013, took Gold and Silver. Even though the Gold head had a broken top. The Muntjac I took some years back and am going to shoulder mount took Gold.

So all in all a good result. I am especially pleased with the two Roe as my areas are under a strict management scheme I put in about 5 years ago. This past year and the year previous I have harvested Bronze, Silver and Gold. So it seems to be paying off

Happy, happy happy.

ATB

Sikamalc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 04-01-2014 at 21:17.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000193.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	36443

Well today saw me driving in deepest West Sussex to meet BM who is an official CIC measurer. I have spoke several times to him over the years, but never visited with him.

A warm welcome and a cup of tea were waiting for me. Having just visited my lease nearby to collect various antlers and to skin out a massive Fallow doe shot by Ricky off this site (skin off and head legs etc 83lbs)
    I arrived 45 minutes later with 3heads taken this year and a Muntjac I shot some years back in Northamptonshire.

The Fallow I shot in September missed a Bronze medal by a couple of points. But as BM pointed out it is still every inch a trophy head.

The two Roe I took this past year 2103, took Gold and Silver. Even though the Gold head had a broken top. The Muntjac I took some years back and am going to shoulder mount took Gold.

So all in all a good result. I am especially pleased with the two Roe as my areas are under a strict management scheme I put in about 5 years ago. This past year and the year previous I have harvested Bronze, Silver and Gold. So it seems to be paying off

Happy, happy happy.

ATB

Sikamalc
    Bloody hell Malc, have you got a time machine 2103?

Well done on the heads, I have got a couple in the freezer that I am getting measured later in the year.

cheers

Well done Malc it is nice when your ground produces good beast and even better if you have improved the conditions for them so they can reach there full potential

Well done Malc, good to hear that your management efforts are paying off. It's a great feeling when you produce a medal head from your own ground!
    And congratulations on the invention of the time machine also

Oops
    well in my defence its been a long day. One third of the felt on my new workshop decided to leave the roof late yesterday afternoon. So two hours this morning fixing that before leaving to drive for 2.5hrs and them back home by 7.00pm.

If I had a time machine the euro lottery would be in the bag

But on the other hand I will put it down to old age
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Well done on your muntie, and well done both to you and your clients on the roe.

Sikamalc congratulations on the measurment of the heads, a great result! regards sbm

Well done malc I have a munty and a roe that I've never had measured bug I'm fairly certain would make medal class , seeing all these threads lately is really tempting me to get them measured .... I've yet to shoot a really nice fallow though , only get a few passing through my ground so tend to go easy on them

Was it the master buck you shot with Robin Sikamalc? http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ikamalc+fallow

Looked like a massive beast, surprised it didn;t make something but it seems fallow have to be enormous to make anything in the medals...

Yes it was the same Fallow. It fell short of a Bronze by a few points, in the end it was the weight that let it down. Evidently Fallow have to be a minimum of 3kilos to get on the medal listing, and this one was 2.6. Just goes to show how big Fallow have to be to reach silver or gold. Not many taken in the wild I would doubt.

Never mind its still a nice head, and as I said I am more chuffed with the two Roe I took down there, reaching gold and silver. I certainly half expected 2 silver, but was very happy for Louis when it reached gold.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.