binoculars

Have a look on Viking optical centers some good bargains in the sale. Their own e d pro are excellent and they had ex demo at half price but have all makes

If you can live with 50mm, you can usually catch Nikons on sale with amazon or ebay.... Just be patient...

Try and get a set of minox hg's I got a set of 8.5x43 hg's and there awsome for the money!! I think I paid £325 for them secondhand!! Or have a look at remmy's doctor 8x42's for sale on here, nice brite optics as well!!

I think that minox binos give a lot of performance for their price. I paid 400 for my 8.5x43HGs new so am sure you'd get them secondhand for the money you have otherwise you can look at their new options. I think there are several people on the forum who are minox dealers so have at them and get yourself a good deal.

Minox every time for less than £300! Fantastic value for money coupled with excellent performance and a 5 year warranty. German glass at a Chinese price?
MS

keep your money and save another 300 and get yourself a pair of zeiss !! Im in same boat as you and im as tight as they come but tell you what start of febuary ill be ordering a pair!! they are night and day tried the bushnells hds and the minox hds great optics but nothing compared with my mates zeiss ,that last bit before total dark u notice the difference, if your really on a budget check out uttings they were doing a set of zeiss terras at 3/400 i think ,

You can also get the new zeiss terra range and there under £300 new, I haven't herd much reports about them but they are zeiss so......

zeiss say they have the same schott lenses as the rest of there range just different coating so may be worth a look!

keep your money and save another 300 and get yourself a pair of zeiss !! Im in same boat as you and im as tight as they come but tell you what start of febuary ill be ordering a pair!! they are night and day tried the bushnells hds and the minox hds great optics but nothing compared with my mates zeiss ,that last bit before total dark u notice the difference, if your really on a budget check out uttings they were doing a set of zeiss terras at 3/400 i think ,

I agree. Or look out for S/H Swarovskis. I spent £400 on Stieners. They're alright but low light performance isn't spectacular and I had a warranty claim when the eye cups came loose, sent them back to Germany, six weeks later they came back exactly the same as before. Disenchanted. Wish I'd bought a pair of £50 porro-prism bird watchers to get by with until I could afford some HTs or Swaro ELs.

Opticron DBA`s if you can find them, waaay better than the Minox. Minox are good, but the ergonomics on the Opticron are far better, and the Glass is equal to similarly priced Leica or Zeiss

I think that minox binos give a lot of performance for their price. I paid 400 for my 8.5x43HGs new so am sure you'd get them secondhand for the money you have otherwise you can look at their new options. I think there are several people on the forum who are minox dealers so have at them and get yourself a good deal.

Minox 8.5 x 43 HG for £400 new!...hell of a good price.

They are selling for £650 at the moment.

Any more where they came from?.

couldnt afford new zeiss ,got 8x30 for stalking and 10x50 for pigeons in the old zeiss ddr models.amazing optics for japcrap money.38 quid and 59 quid each.just ebay carl zeiss jena and check your serial numbers some jap copys out there.theres even an ebay guide to help spot a fake atb tozzybum

Minox, if your on a budget, obviously Zeiss, Swarvoski and Leica if not. I dont think theres much between the three latter. I've tried the RSPB branded binos, cant remember who they are made by but pretty good and reasonably cheap. I just bought my wife a pair of RSPB puffin bins £42, special offer normally £54. For the money I dont think you can beat them. Optically they aint as good as my Swarvoskis but more than a match for an old pair of zeiss jenoptems i use as back up.
Would defieatley make a good back up pair for under the car seat in my opinion, fit in the pocket too.
Kev

Back