Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRNO ZZK 600 .270 review ???

BRNO ZZK 600 .270 review ???

Looking for any information on my chosen .270 rifle as im now waiting on my variation,,,, i have been offered a good one for 300, your thoughts please ?

I have two BRNOs both zkk601 ,one in 243 and the other .308 .They are excellent ,well made rifles and have served me well for many years .They both accurate and long lived ,my .243 must have about 600rds through it and still shoots well,the .308 a lot less but very accurate as well .I shot the 308 at 300yds last year and got a 7" 10 shot goup ,on a range with handloads .I favour the set trigger , I look on it as a summer - winter trigger , set for summer when you can still feel your fingers and normal for when it's effin freezing and your fingers are cold and unfeeling.
    Bloody good guns and very under-rated by snobs.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

Good solid rifles can't go wrong with them IMHO.

Id had a 601 in .243, it was a creacking rifle, very soild, the trigger is a little strange but it it didnt take long to used to it
    atb
    simon

SD Regular

Over price?

If that is just 300 for the plain rifle without its correct 'scope mount and Zeiss Jena 'scope then that is about 1 1/2x the worth of the thing. These make about 100 to 150 only at auction if they don't have the 'scope and mounts.

With the 'scope and mounts and if the early version with the pop-up sight and the sling swivel on the barrel band they have make, in one case, about 450 or so.

Ones with the faux Weatherby type stock that has the faux horn tip and white plastic inserts are least desirable. If the rifle in whatever configuration has the original iron sights missing then value at auction is never more than 80 or so.

Is this private or from Guntrader? Be aware that sight mounts may be difficult to come by in any type. Hillver now are out of business and the original BRNO mounts and Zeiss Jena 'scope command a premium even on their own.

If it does has the Zeiss Jena it is imperative to dry fire the rifle as one in good order will stay dead still when "fired" (dry fired). One that is done in will show a twitch on the vertical reticule at the tip when dry fired.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 05-01-2014 at 21:07.

Parker Hale mounts fit and are a little higher than the BRNO mounts I have a Leupold scope one one of mine and a Pecar on the other ,, both in RAHS Parker Hale mounts .My .308 is the very early type wit pop up reasight ,my 243 is a later one without the extra rearsight. Both shoot very well and are as tough as old boots , not in the least bit fragile .

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

Cz550 mounts fit also mate...you can pick up a set of warne mounts for the brno for only 60ish ....hopefully new mounts in on the deal...

Hi guys iv got a set of zkk 601 mounts that came of my 223 there Cz ones 25mm like new. If anyone interested let me know. 40 posted

Well i bought a brno zkk 600 .270 yesterday from steve at the hunters cabin...cant wait to get my hands on it....