Butler Creeks Breaking

deerly departed

Yet another BC flip up broken so can anyone point me in the direction of the uk distributor tso i can make comment please.

Thanks DD

I have given up on butler creeks as well. Choice is either buy something more expensive like the Swarovski covers or as I have done just cable tied the rubber bikini covers to the scope.

I've a pal that you can't give tea in a china cup to.

He's a lovely chap, wouldn't harm a fly and can rebuild the most intricate and complex machinery with a finesse bordering on an art form, but hand him a cup o'tea in yer finest bone china and he WILL snap the handle off it with mystic reliability... similarly he rocks back in dining room chairs and wrecks the frames (if they are anything less than "baronial" in style and preferable of oaken construction) and... if you hand him your latest mounted trophy it'll be in bits as quick as blink... shield in one hand and head in the other.

Think... "Obelix" from Asterix the Gaul.

And my point is... Some people just break stuff. They don't even mean to do it. It just seems to happen. I reckon there's nothing wrong with butler creeks but there do seem to be a lot of people out there who just can't avoid breaking them. A bit like my abovementioned pal.

He's a lovely chap, wouldn't harm a fly and can rebuild the most intricate and complex machinery with a finesse bordering on an art form, but hand him a cup o'tea in yer finest bone china and he WILL snap the handle off it with mystic reliability... similarly he rocks back in dining room chairs and wrecks the frames (if they are anything less than "baronial" in style and preferable of oaken construction) and... if you hand him your latest mounted trophy it'll be in bits as quick as blink... shield in one hand and head in the other.

And my point is... Some people just break stuff. They don't even mean to do it. It just seems to happen. I reckon there's nothing wrong with butler creeks but there do seem to be a lot of people out there who just can't avoid breaking them. A bit like my abovementioned pal.

I break very little, but these things seem to last about 20 minutes out with me.

I remember when the BC scope caps first came out in the UK, and they were good, but I feel in recent years the quality has declined substantially. My first ones lasted for years in tough environments, but now I'd be surprised if the things lasted a season.

Come on Butler Creek!!! … Get your act together!!!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
01264 811155

I remember when the BC scope caps first came out in the UK, and they were good, but I feel in recent years the quality has declined substantially. My first ones lasted for years in tough environments, but now I'd be surprised if the things lasted a season.

Come on Butler Creek!!! … Get your act together!!!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
01264 811155

I broke my last set getting them on my scope :rolleyes:

I break very little, but these things seem to last about 20 minutes out with me.

I've five scoped rifles and they've all got Butler Creeks on them. Obj & Eye. I think the oldest set is 14 or 15 years old and the newest is about 18months old. I shoot (or at least head afield) between two and six times a week. Over the years I've lost one precisely one objective cover, that's all. I've never broken any of them... ever. S'all am sayin'.

I lose a lot but that's down to me and occasionaly the steel pins come out but I've found a simple cure that is remove it and reduce by c2mm, reinsert and plug the gap each end with Devcon putty.

K

broken 3 sets in 6 month pile of ***** to soft had old set lasted for years day in day out use sold rifle and scope so covers went with it, went on to new sets and utter crap. wont be buying any more

I had a very good set of scope covers on an MTC viper which was on my Rimfire. They were an all metal construction which screwed onto threads within the scopes eye and Obj. I really don't know why the bigger scope manufacturers don't create similar products. They were brilliant and far better than the BC ones

Butler Creeks are imported by Edgar Brothers. I broke my first one ever on Thursday :doh: after having it on my rifle for about 4 years so I cant complain

WSM

There a a very lengthy thread on this very topic, current BC are utter rubbish not fit for use and it appears BC and the importers don't care a damm. I now use Bushwackers.

D

Nice story but its well documented that the manufacurers outsourced and quality went out the window. I have a set that are over 10 years old and are still going strong. Bought several sets over the last 5 yrs none have survived. Won't be buying any more.

Back