Gamekeepers Christmas Box

armo.

Hi,

I have my stalking on a 4,000 acre sporting estate for which I do not pay any fee. Anything I shoot is sold through the estate game shop although I can take a carcasse for a fee. It is a fair arrangement which I don't exploit, going out on the ground once a month or so.

What do you think would be a good Christmas gift to the head 'keeper in recognition of his generosity (he could charge me a significant fee per outing or per annum) and to help maintain continuation of this arrangement into the future?

Thanks.

If I was the keeper I would love a large bottle (1ltr) of 10/15 year old straight malt and throw in a nice large box of chocs for the wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocky

rockingod said:
If I was the keeper I would love a large bottle (1ltr) of 10/15 year old straight malt and throw in a nice large box of chocs for the wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocky
I would second a gift for his Mrs but i would make it a large flower arrangement. Matey will get it right in the neck for her sudden hip expansion!!
Personally i think a gesture towards the guys wife is equally important as a gesture to the guy himself.
basil.

Speaking from a keepers point of veiw, yes a good bottle of malt is a nice gesture but to be honest bottles of whiskey are a common gift.
It sounds like you have a really good thing going which is worth alot of money to some people so you should treasure it.
If I were the keeper then I would appreciate being taken with my wife to a good country inn for a quality meal and decent wine to boot.
Taking him out like this also cements your relationship with him and the estate and produces a double whammy as he gets to take the missus out and it dosent cost him!!!

CD

Any of the above will be taken as intended, my buddy & I always do a tour of the farmers/ landowners etc, with the bottle/s & chocs /flowers, so small an effort brings so much in return. but we always try to find out earlier in the year what the latest guys preferred poison is :D

Present

Thanks all for the suggestions, I was thinking something similar e.g.

- a case of good wine

- half dozen bottles good scotch

- meal for 2/4 in a nice restaurant/inn

- cash (but probably not as cash gifts usually leave an off taste in the mouth)

Any other ideas?

I give one of my landowners who lets me shoot his trophy Roe a days simulated game shooting on a top notch set up on local estate.

Otherwise i give others good quality game cartridges (but expensive @ £240 per 1000)!

Parsons leather cartridge bag with initials?

Once i gave a 4x4 experience half day voucher as he loves offroading

Back