Help with binos

Lucky Sniper

Which looks better for stalking. Both are 8x42. .
1)

Prisms: BaK4 Phase coated
Eye relief mm: 19
Single eyepiece dioptre adjustment: -4D to +4D
Brightness: 27.1
Twilight factor: 18.3
Close focus: 4.5m
Apparent field of view 114m @ 1000m
Weight 660g
Width (mm): 126
Length (mm): 154 Depth (mm): 52

2)

Close Focus: 2m

Field of View @1000m: 129m
Weight:596g
Glass type: BAK-4
Exit pupil: 5mm
Twilight rate: 18.33(Light gathering ability)
Waterproof: Yes (Fully immersion tested 1m for 60sec)
Lens Coating: Fully Multi Coated
Dimensions: 135x125x52mm (Binocular size in mm)
Roof Prism Construction
Nitrogen gas filled: Yes Eye Relief: 17.8mm

The name of the maker would be more important in deciding.

Both same and before anyone says get better ones this is all I can afford at the moment with a wedding to pay for (just keeps getting bigger) and the Swaro fund is no more. The make is Barr & Stroud

Understand that according to some of the folks up your way you ain't a real hunter unless you spend massive amounts of money on stuff and wear a goofy lookin Sherlock Holmes hat and carry a stick and 8x42 bino's... But have a look at Nikons in 8 or 10x50 (little better priced than 8x42 cause they are usually sold to a different group)... May not fit in that fancy jacket pocket but the pocket looks to be just the right size for a pack of gummibears, and you can keep the binos out where ya need em.
I've got a pair like these and they do all I will ever need..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-Actio...UTF8&qid=1389084934&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+x50

Olympus aren't so bad either if you don't look at the price...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-8-4...UTF8&qid=1389085140&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+x50

Good luck...

all the stats in the world won't change how they feel in your hand and what they look like back to back in the same conditions

get the ones that feel right

I've B & S Sierras 8x42 and they are worth every penny (about 8500). Very comfy to use and nice quality for the price.

That's what I was going to get, now seen the new series 4 Sierras and only difference is the design and slightly less weight so getting those.

Back