Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who to contact regarding bringing my firearms back with me

Who to contact regarding bringing my firearms back with me

Hi,
    Hoping someone here might be able to send me in the right direction to get advice regarding bringing my personal firearms back with me to the UK.

We currently live in New Zealand but have toyed with the idea of returning back to the UK to live, but I don't really want to sell my shotguns and .308 .22 and Air Rifle here in NZ prior to leaving, I think I'll only lose an awful lot of money, plus the shotgun has been cast to fit me.

I did send an email to the Metropolitan Police Firearms dept. but I imagine they're a bit too busy to reply!
    Anyone have any advice regarding this please?

You need to contact the firearms department of the police force that covers the area in which you will be living. It will probably require you to have your firearms shipped direct to a RFD untill such time as you can obtain the necessary certificates to possess in the U.K. They should also be able to inform you about the personal import rules on firearms.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Join BASC and talk to them would be my suggestion. Regards JCS

Plus I would imagine import tax and duty....

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Plus I would imagine import tax and duty....
    Why, it will be a personal permanent import of property already owned.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

You don't want to come back, the place has goner to rats**t!!!!
    I would love to go and live in New Zealand but I'm too old now and living on a pension.

Just contact an RFD near where you are moving too, get him to hold them until such time as you can sort out a fire-arms ticket. I'd be much easier sorting out once your here and settled than attempting anything from middle earth. If for some reason you are refused you can soon sell them here.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    You need to contact the firearms department of the police force that covers the area in which you will be living. It will probably require you to have your firearms shipped direct to a RFD untill such time as you can obtain the necessary certificates to possess in the U.K. They should also be able to inform you about the personal import rules on firearms.
    As above, and joining the BASC as JCS states would be good advice.

Circumstances worked against us a few years back but we wanted to emigrate to NZ, we had the skills required, but we are too old now, i would think twice about moving back here, the country is going to the dogs!

Richard

Thanks all, yes we really are in two minds about it all. Personally I blame Charlie Jacoby for selling me this awesome hunting lifestyle over there, plus Christmas is back to front here, it's hot damnit... supposed to be cold and miserable.
    Of course the "lifestyle" that I love to watch on Youtube is probably out of my reach anyway, always seems coupled with having lots of money there. I could be wrong, here at least the deer are free, with only the 1080 to worry about. We'll see! Either way thanks very much for the advice.
    Cheers

Stay there and be happy. My daughter is in Australia, the temperature there has been 30C recently, here it has been 3C at the same time.
    At least New Zealand and Australia both have sensible policies regarding immigrants.

This country is finished and in a mess. A Labour government spokesman boasted that `they had spent all the money` after they were kicked out.
    Our doors have been opened to all the free-loaders and economic migrants of the world irrespective of the fact that many can only speak one or two words of English. [Asylum, asylum.]
    Hampered by the lax Liberals the Coalition cannot mop up this mess even if they had the back-bone to attempt to do so.

We have one of the lowest old age pensions in the EU and within months we will be over-run by another swarm of foreign economic wasters.
    These will need to be fed and given accommodation even though we have vast numbers of our own young jobless and lengthy queues for housing.

HWH.