What personal skin care products do you use?

Tamus

I have to confess to being a life long outdoorsy type and I've got the weather beaten and wrinkled skin to prove it and probably look older than my boyish 55 years through such neglect. However, a couple of weekends ago I was shooting n the company of one of the directors of Hermès of Paris. He had lots of advice to offer on a topic of which I was unbeknowingly and I now accept, woefully, ignorant. ie. one's personal skin care regime and the vast range of balms, moisturisers and recuperatives available to that end.

So I just wondered; what do the good ladies and (of course) gentlemen of the S.D. do in order to protect their tender hides from the ravages of our climate when they are exposed to old blighty's worst?

boots no.7 moisturiser and loreal for men facewash and and re energising moisturiser.......... 39 and look more like 29 ive been told! and worked outdoors all my life!!

Avon Skin so Soft dry oil body spray (for midges) and the body moisturiser which came packaged with it as an after shave balm - you only need a spot of it.

:old::fox:nivea aftershave balm been using it for yrs bfore it came popular ,look better now than thirty years ago,but having said that my eyes are shot at!

Strange thing I use. It's called soap. It's very good at it's job.
Other than that I refuse to buy into all that sh*t most women think make them look better.

What ever soap or shower gel I get bought for Christmas, oh and a bit of aftershave when going on a night out.

Jeezus when I've run out of swarfega I've been known to wash my hands with fairy and building sand when I've been working on the motors.

Apparently there's face stuff in lidl for a couple of quid that's as good as anything money can buy. Google it, it's been in the paper.

I can see myself assisting in the careful application of this wonder cream across any number of straining udders but preferably as attached to a young Milk Maid rather than some Old Cow!

Why, oh why I did I open your link Dalua!

K

Last edited:
I got some L'Oreal moisturiser for Christmas and then got ribbed by all the male family members...I think it's quite nice!

I have to confess to being a life long outdoorsy type and I've got the weather beaten and wrinkled skin to prove it and probably look older than my boyish 55 years through such neglect. However, a couple of weekends ago I was shooting n the company of one of the directors of Hermès of Paris. He had lots of advice to offer on a topic of which I was unbeknowingly and I now accept, woefully, ignorant. ie. one's personal skin care regime and the vast range of balms, moisturisers and recuperatives available to that end.

So I just wondered; what do the good ladies and (of course) gentlemen of the S.D. do in order to protect their tender hides from the ravages of our climate when they are exposed to old blighty's worst?

Ah Tom time to open the trousers and have a look inside you drawers, if you have all the trates of a man time to ditch this caper leave it to the ladies .

As for protecting the hide the wind and rain is doing pretty good at that, if I needed any of the products your on about they would have came supplied at birth, anything other than soap and water is not required .

It has however got me thinking with all these cosmetic products available on the market, and the amount of skin Cancers about just how much maybe "attributed to the use of such products",and the current life styles the race leads .

Ah Tom time to open the trousers and have a look inside you drawers, if you have all the trates of a man time to ditch this caper leave it to the ladies .

As for protecting the hide the wind and rain is doing pretty good at that, if I needed any of the products your on about they would have came supplied at birth, anything other than soap and water is not required .

It has however got me thinking with all these cosmetic products available on the market, and the amount of skin Cancers about just how much maybe "attributed to the use of such products",and the current life styles the race leads .

Valid point (that's a double ended retort by the way)

http://www.cancercare.org/publications/76-caring_for_your_skin_during_cancer_treatment

Imagine 55 and still a boy...:thumb: I surprised you've not looked in the
"Old Farmers Almanac" it's full of tips etc, etc.

Problem: Oily hair and skin

Remedies

• Add one teaspoon baking soda to two ounces of your shampoo. This works as an alkali to absorb excess oil.
  • Baking soda works the same way with skin, it will absorb oil and also neutralize excess acid in your skin. Make a paste with baking soda and water.
  • Try lemon juice as an astringent facial cleanser.
Problem: Dry skin

Remedies

• For a homemade scrub, mix ground oats and honey. Rub all over your face—especially your nose. The abrasive will remove dry, scaly skin while the honey seeps in as a moisturizer. Rinse completely off and pat dry, and your skin will be glowing and baby soft. Only use this remedy once a week.
  • Plain honey is an excellent remedy for chapped lips. Leave on overnight—it makes for sweet dreams!
  • For superdry skin, use olive oil. Rub it in prior to a bath or shower. You may substitute peanut, sesame or sunflower oil.
  • A quart of milk in a hot bath is a luxury as well as a skin toner. It's a trick nearly as old as time. (or Tom)

just the thing for an:old: with boyish looks.

if you get stuck you can always ask her indoors to lend a hand..!

Rgds, Buck. :D

Last edited:
Back