Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: case lube query

case lube query

I have been sizing using the LEE lube, when I first started I had a few dented cases with over lubrication but nothing bad.

Is there any lubricant you shouldn't use when reloading?

The reason I ask is that curiosity got the better of me tonight as I had just serviced my Nailguns and the Paslode oil was still out. This oil is really fine and really good at lubrication. I thought I would try a drop on some old brass and the results were great, 1 tiny drop done all the cases easily , it cleaned off with a rag no bother.

I was just wondering if there was anything wrong with using certain products?

oil based lube is bad news but having said that I've been using petroleum jelly for 15 years lol

Imperial sizing wax is the best I have come across and lasts for ages. The RCBS lube was messy and would dent cases if too much was applied

Fraction of the price of any 'case lube' and works really well - link.

Use imp sizing wax its loverly to use and will last a lifetime
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I understand that there is really good quality resizing lubes, but is there any reason not to use some lubricant? Just out of interest.

+1 for Imperial - lasts forever
    Richard

Deer Diary

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    I understand that there is really good quality resizing lubes, but is there any reason not to use some lubricant? Just out of interest.
    Only the possibility of contaminating your powder. (some will squeak about primers - but they are real difficult to kill)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    Hornady 'One Shot' In the Pump Dispenser is terrible in my experience as is the Lyman version. Not to be confused with the Hornady 'One Shot' in the Aerosol Dispenser which is excellent in my opinion.

Yorkie.

I made some lube with 100% lanolin and 99% Iso Propyl Alcohol mixed together in a spray bottle, just put the cases in a zip lock bag and give them a couple of sprays and a good shake to coat them then put them in the reloading tray for the IPA to evaporate off and you are good to go, quick and easy

As I can't post proper links yet if you google "Bootleg Case lube" it is the first result on AR15 dot com page 1 of the thread