Thread: Lyman 1200 DPS 3 Powder measure.

Lyman 1200 DPS 3 Powder measure.

Hi,
    You probably all know this already, but it's the first time I have come accross it.
    I have recently started using IMR 4350 powder, because I am using heavier bullets than before. I was trying to weigh out 47 gns, but kept getting way over, up to 49 gns. sometimes. I put every fourth panfull on the beam scales to check, and am glad I did. I phoned Hannam's where I bought it about 4 years ago, and they came up with the answer at once. The "stick" powder comes out too fast for the digital scale to measure accurately. They have a little black screw-in restrictor to put in the delivery pipe, which gives it more time. They sent me one , FREE, by return of post. It now works perfectly. Full Marks to Hannam's !
    Yours, John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcher View Post
    Hi,
    You probably all know this already, but it's the first time I have come accross it.
    I have recently started using IMR 4350 powder, because I am using heavier bullets than before. I was trying to weigh out 47 gns, but kept getting way over, up to 49 gns. sometimes. I put every fourth panfull on the beam scales to check, and am glad I did. I phoned Hannam's where I bought it about 4 years ago, and they came up with the answer at once. The "stick" powder comes out too fast for the digital scale to measure accurately. They have a little black screw-in restrictor to put in the delivery pipe, which gives it more time. They sent me one , FREE, by return of post. It now works perfectly. Full Marks to Hannam's !
    Yours, John.
    That about says it all.~Muir