Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gunshop suprise

gunshop suprise

my local feed merchants has just opened a little gunroom selling bits and bobs anyway ordered some bits from my local dedicated gunshop two weeks ago have not come yet so got fed up of waiting.so ordered the same bits thru feed merchants and they came in a day explain that much better service and they actully want to talk to u about guns and shooting not just how much your goin to spend with them got my thumbs up anyway

sounds like fresh air mty pass the word or it will close down

Hi Weatherby
    Where in Hampshire is that?
    Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    my local feed merchants has just opened a little gunroom selling bits and bobs anyway ordered some bits from my local dedicated gunshop two weeks ago have not come yet so got fed up of waiting.so ordered the same bits thru feed merchants and they came in a day explain that much better service and they actully want to talk to u about guns and shooting not just how much your goin to spend with them got my thumbs up anyway

norris and sons of beaulieu

In days of old......when knights were bold.......most farmers suppliers would at least have shotgun cartridges for sale and your local hardware shop (wooden floors, a counter with staff behind it to serve you, like in the Two Ronnies "Fork Handles" sketch would have shotguns for sale.

You know, the days when everyone thought it normal to see people wandering about in the country with guns and nobody thought anything of it. Nowadays, guns are BAD and people who have guns are NAUGHTY and everyone who sees someone with a gun should call the police who will swoop down from helicopters and out of vans armed to the teeth and arrest people and sieze the evidence (some dead pigeons or something).

Sorry - rabbiting on again. Don't mean to hijack this thread. I'll go off and take my pills so feel free to ignore me.

Pedro, that reminded me of Beadles (Ironmongers in Abingdon). wooden floors and when someone went upstairs and along the floor there, you could see the ceiling bowing.
    A few years ago I phoned them enquiring as to whether they had a handle for a slasher. the reply was "One and three quarters or two and a quarter inch".

I used to by my 12g shot shells at my post office along with my paper card cert that to is no more, its the times we live in and common sense is't that common any more!!

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    norris and sons of beaulieu
    They already have a good rep anyways, my Mrs goes there for horse rugs as much better than the local place, so good luck to them.

We used to have a local family owned ironmongers, you could buy anything there within reason - shotgun cartridges (openly displayed on a shelf behind the counter) nails by the quarter pound weighed out in the metal pan of an old set of scales & wrapped in brown paper. Thing I remember most was the smell, a mix of paraffin (sold by the gallon at the back of the shop), that hemp string used to tie up the runner bean poles, moth balls, creosote, etc. etc. The manager was an old chap who seemed to have worked there since he was a boy and knew just what you were after even if you couldn't really describe it! The shop is still there, but now sells over priced kitchen utensils, a few tins of paint, little blister packs of 20 self tapping screws etc. and all paid for at a computerised till operated by a 'spotty yuff'...

Eeeh, it were never like that when I were a boy

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    Eeeh, it were never like that when I were a boy
    'appen as like
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Any body remember Len Burrows Gunsmith and Lawnmower Engineer in Wrangle between Boston and Skegness.I used to haunt that part of the Wash and many's the time Len got me out of trouble with a tired gun . Always had a good supply of big shells for sale.Wf1