Thread: nights foxing for someone with nv

nights foxing for someone with nv

Hello all I have a problem with two very lamp shy foxes that are causing me a bit of hassle at my pheasants every time lamp goes near them there off, I haven't shot at these before but someone else could off.so here's the offer if someone local with night vision or thermal wants a night at foxes /rabbits. They are more than welcome to come out with me. Possible day at our walk one stand one pheasant shoot in return for your help thanks for now

i know someone in the area with NV, will give him a shout.

I have the ND-100 Laser "green light" torch setup if you want to give that a try.
    Last edited by Mickeydredd; 10-01-2014 at 11:49.

Personally, if you can define what times they visit the pen (use a wildlife trail camera box with bait tied to a fence), great. If they happen to visit in day light (unlikely) ideal. See the routine and pitch up accordingly. As Mickeydredd said a green light may help if at night. I use a ND3 50 subzero laser and works most of the time. NV is too pricey given how much they cost to produce in my opinion. ie. a rip off

Hope this helps??

No birds in pen now problem is fox in covers etc dark in morning when on way to work and dark at night on way home from work so no daylight Time to get him .what's the green light thing never came across this before

wish i was local mate i would rattle him for you no probs..hope you sort it good luck.

Certain creatures cant see the green light. Havent used it in earnest yet but I bought it to sort out a rat issue where they bolt at the sign of any white light.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laserware-...item35c4595310

Quote Originally Posted by winchester101 View Post
    No birds in pen now problem is fox in covers etc dark in morning when on way to work and dark at night on way home from work so no daylight Time to get him .what's the green light thing never came across this before

Any luck getting the wee swine yet? if only a few mile closer and would have jumped at the chance

I have managed to get one but there is another one still kicking about season nearly over hopefully get a fox drive organised after shooting season

If this hasn't been resolved yet I would appreciate a PM, waiting for myilluminator back off a friend but may be able to offer assistance if he has remembered to post it off.