Thread: FAC Finally arrived!

FAC Finally arrived!

Woo!

After a decent wait my FAC (and SGC) finally arrived on the doorstep! It was taking longer than I expected so I thought there may have been an issue (particularly over the deer rifles) but it seems like all 6 have been granted with moderators for 5. Big thanks to Ian Farrington for writing a helpful note to the Feds regarding the deer!

Finally took delivery of the .308 I bought off a friend and have a .260 arriving imminently (after a 7 month wait). All I have to do now is find the cash for some stalking trips! (my car has the annoying habit of breaking/requiring work at precisely the time I wish to book stalking! )

Q1 2010 will be sponsored by load development

Well done - 6 rifles is a nice haul for your first FAC, what slots do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian
    Well done - 6 rifles is a nice haul for your first FAC, what slots do you have?
    I got the following:
    .22RF (+mod)
    .223 (+mod)
    .260 (+mod)
    .270 (+mod)
    .308 (+mod)
    .357 lever action

The .260 and .270 can be used for deer.

hurry up and buy a .22lr and a .357 so we can shoot it at the club

hopefully it wont be long until my FAC lands too

Wow that's a good selection for your first FAC! What were your reasons for having the .260, .270 and .308, and did you not want to get the .308 conditioned for deer too? Congratulations on it finally coming through though.

I know when I was waiting for mine, every day that it didn't come you think of another imaginary problem that its having, then eventually, one day it appears and you realise that you were being stupid and impatient!

Gez

Good result Jimmy!

Lovely when a plan comes together and you get permission for what you want and need!

Looking forward to seeing you in the new year - we will keep a couple beasts back with your name on.

Ugly ones!

Jo sends her congrats - now get zeroed and shooting.

Rgds

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Gez
    Wow that's a good selection for your first FAC! What were your reasons for having the .260, .270 and .308, and did you not want to get the .308 conditioned for deer too? Congratulations on it finally coming through though.

I know when I was waiting for mine, every day that it didn't come you think of another imaginary problem that its having, then eventually, one day it appears and you realise that you were being stupid and impatient!

Gez
    Hi Gez,
    I got the .260 and .308 primarily for target shooting, out to 1000 yards, but wanted the option for deer before I buy a .270 so got it on the .260 as well (got a Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless on the way in .260, it was a special order hence the wait).
    The .308 is a little bit too heavy for wandering around with (i'll try get a phone pic up) but I may get the ticket changed at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by IanF
    Good result Jimmy!

Lovely when a plan comes together and you get permission for what you want and need!

Looking forward to seeing you in the new year - we will keep a couple beasts back with your name on.

Ugly ones!

Jo sends her congrats - now get zeroed and shooting.

Rgds

Ian
    Haha, looking forward to it, ugly beasts or not (probably the first time i've ever said that..... )

Thanks very much to both of you

Jimmy