Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Moderators

I had decided to replace my T8 with a Hardy gen4 at 310 but the Sportsman Gun Centre are advertising Roedale Ultras at 195 which is swaying me a bit. I would prefer an over the barrel type and like the idea of a muzzle brake on the Hardy but the 115 price difference has got me thinking. I am just wanting to know is any where is selling the Hardy any cheaper and to be talked into more!

My mate has a hardy on his .243. He hates it because it overheats quickly and he can't see through the haze,he can also get tighter groups with it off.
    I have T8s which are no problem and on a .221 I use the T8 compact.
    my favourite though is my Ase Utra Northstar apart from the fact I can switch it between guns it ticks all the boxes.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    My mate has a hardy on his .243. He hates it because it overheats quickly and he can't see through the haze,he can also get tighter groups with it off.
    I have T8s which are no problem and on a .221 I use the T8 compact.
    my favourite though is my Ase Utra Northstar apart from the fact I can switch it between guns it ticks all the boxes.
    steve
    Thanks for the responce.
    The tightness of grouping may be an issue but regarding the heat I dont any target shooting apart from zeroing.

Have you taken into consideration the discount Jackson rifles will give you in return for your old T8?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Get an AU-SL5. Excellent bit of kit. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Get an AU-SL5. Excellent bit of kit. Regards JCS

+1
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Alloy mods are good because they're so light but there's always a trade off which ever way you go. They are subject to fire cutting, heat up quick if you put strings of shots through them. But the biggest issue is the cost of them when you consider the issues above.

150 I think is about right for a good Alloy mod, which is in essence disposable.

I have a hardy a cmm 4 a wildcat predator and the best by far is the t8stops mussel flip and very quiet
    Atb TomTom

I have just bought a spartan

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710