Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scientists develop a new "rat spray"

Scientists develop a new "rat spray"

Found an interesting article; not sure how well its going to be received by the 'public'

"The new aerosol spray trap could change the way shoots control rats"

"Scientists at the University of Aston have devised a new type of rat trap which could, in the future, transform the way in which rat control is undertaken by gamekeepers.

The new trap addresses the increasing problem of rats becoming resistant to traditional poisons. The device uses a tunnel trap fitted with a laser-activated trigger, which — when broken by a passing rat — causes a pre-determined dose of poison to be sprayed on to the creature. This lethal spray is absorbed through the skin and means a more measured amount of poison can be used rather than an operator being reliant upon poisoned baits.

Aston University’s Andrew Ingham told the BBC that the reduction of poisoned baits in the environment was one of the key drivers behind the development: “We’re putting more poison out to kill the rats that are freely roaming in these areas. You often don’t notice that there’s a massive amount of poison hidden in a little black box at the side of the road.”

Can't wait to hear davens well educated and measured views on this one !
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Can't wait to hear davens well educated and measured views on this one !
    My number one view is that you and the couple of punks that you've recruited as followers should grow up, find another hobby, and get off my ass.. As to poisoning, do whatever makes you happy and lets you look in the mirror. Every case is different and each individual knows if they are using it out of laziness or as a last resort.

A couple of followers I think you'll find you've p@ssed pretty much everyone off , punk

Could be... But at least all but a couple of you are man enough to let it go and stop trying to dig up something. If folks get upset with my comments on a subject, so be it. Not the intention, but I say things straight out and don't worry much about thin skin. Some can take it, some can't, and some get obsessed with it and constantly try to pick an argument. Try bein a man and just don't read my posts if you don't like what I have to say...
    Last edited by daven; 10-01-2014 at 14:22. Reason: spelling

Well I'll try but obviously your man enough for all of use precisely with all those big words like punk

It's a very good idea but I can't see it being commercially viable.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Account Suspended
    hi
    well i for one would rather listen to what daven has to say than listen to some of the drivel thats said on here

Quote Originally Posted by roebuck223 View Post
    hi
    well i for one would rather listen to what daven has to say than listen to some of the drivel thats said on here
    U need your head examining then mate if you honestly think what he has to say isn't drivel

now now boys lets play nicely, I wonder what REDDOT would have to say about it all. Oh how I miss his retorts