Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli Supernova or Remington 870

Benelli Supernova or Remington 870

Several years ago i have try the Remington and i did remember how soft was the action, quite a good souvenir. But last week i take a new one in hand in the gunshop and i was disapointed in the finish. I was roughter than i expected, i really think the finish was better before but hem... it was always better before, right!
    I have no experience in the Supernova and the closest Benelli dealer is not so close, any advice on this one before i hit the road?

Account Suspended
    Benelli, bien sur.

Shame you guys are not allowed semi-auto's.. If you were, I'd say get the Benelli Super Black Eagle 2.

Account Suspended
    ..... and yet

You are allowed semi-auto centrefire rifles.... c'est fou... oui?

Tamus, you have that wrong, it's pump actions that aren't allowed in France. Sosso, the Supernova is a pump action, so I'm pretty sure you can't use it for hunting in France. Now that said, I used a Benelli SBE 2 for three seasons for wildfowling. It was very robust, very well made, it was just an all-around great piece of equipment, and I couldn't hit anything with it. This was nothing to do with the gun, and entirely to do with me. I'm just used to side-by-sides, and couldn't adapt. I sold it to a friend for just enough money to buy a new Yildiz 12 bore side-by-side with 3 1/2" (89mm) chambers, and now I'm much happier. What's more, my friend can hit things quite happily with teh Benelli!

An added bonus it has is that the entire bolt mechanism comes off easily in one piece, which you can put in your pocket, thereby leaving your shotgun unusable and safe.

Sorry fellows but both of you are wrong.
    Since this year we have a new regulation, semi-auto were allowed in the past and still, plus by now we are allowed again to buy pump actions for hunting. At this time we can thanks EEC!
    So i think to buy one as a compagnon to my 45/70 Marlin. I would like a pump because it doesn't automaticaly reload but that let the option to put a different cartridge in the chamber without unloading the magazine.

Account Suspended
    Ha... so we are both wrong... Merci!

Mais, Benelli... tres bonne chose
    Last edited by Tamus; 10-01-2014 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosso View Post
    Since this year we have a new regulation, semi-auto were allowed in the past and still, plus by now we are allowed again to buy pump actions for hunting. At this time we can thanks EEC!
    So i think to buy one as a compagnon to my 45/70 Marlin. I would like a pump because it doesn't automaticaly reload but that let the option to put a different cartridge in the chamber without unloading the magazine.
    Bon, je me suis trompé sur un détail, mais par contre je recommande quand meme vivement Benelli!

Quote Originally Posted by Sosso View Post
    Get an old A5 Browning , they have a mag cut of lever , built to last ....for ever.

Boys i am astonished in your french! and many thanks for your advices.

Great choice Johno but truly impossible to find in France. As far as i remember i have seen only one A5 in a ducks hunter hands, it was long ago.