Thread: A big thumbs up for Bill at Norman Clark Gunsmiths.

Thumbs up A big thumbs up for Bill at Norman Clark Gunsmiths.

Bill the Ex Parker Hale Gunsmith at Normans place supplied and fitted a modified extractor to my old Smoke Pole, he also checked the head space during a quick visit.

That's cured the problem of a round jumping the extractor!

+1 on bill cracking feller and a skillfull chap

Yes agree excellent they were the only people who could get me a firing pin for my Annie after no 1 son dropped the part assembled bolt and broke it. All at a reasonable cost.

D

Suspect these are set to become a very controversial deer stalking item....at 400 they allow any stalker the ability to shoot accurately and easily through and beyond the pre-dawn/post dusk hour of deer act. Shot a stag last week with 100% confidence that I would not have shot lightwise with a conventional scope, on the edge of dusk.... high seat deer shooting/fixed ambushing marauding deer is going to be transformed.......guess some have been using nv for a job for years but this affordable option is set to cause big waves.
    You are correct!! What is the difference between using the IR on a Photon and using a lamp and conventional scope? Absolutely none. How long before you decide to use one 10 minutes into dark?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner269 View Post
    Suspect these are set to become a very controversial deer stalking item....at 400 they allow any stalker the ability to shoot accurately and easily through and beyond the pre-dawn/post dusk hour of deer act. Shot a stag last week with 100% confidence that I would not have shot lightwise with a conventional scope, on the edge of dusk.... high seat deer shooting/fixed ambushing marauding deer is going to be transformed.......guess some have been using nv for a job for years but this affordable option is set to cause big waves.
    You are correct!! What is the difference between using the IR on a Photon and using a lamp and conventional scope? Absolutely none. How long before you decide to use one 10 minutes into dark?
    Wrong thread maybe

Neil.