Thread: Don't you just love a good bonfire

Don't you just love a good bonfire

Had a bunch of mature trees down during the recent high winds and have spent several days cutting up the brash and logging them, started to move all the brash up the field ready for the right wind direction for the big burn up, today was perfect for a good fire, not so good for anyone or anything down wind, including the 7 roe and a few pheasants who came up wind out of the smoke 40yds from us, i swear they were coughing, however have burnt the lot and as a bonus i managed to spatchcock a chicken, do a few spuds and bangers for the kids all in time for tea, everyone's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Had a bunch of mature trees down during the recent high winds and have spent several days cutting up the brash and logging them, started to move all the brash up the field ready for the right wind direction for the big burn up, today was perfect for a good fire, not so good for anyone or anything down wind, including the 7 roe and a few pheasants who came up wind out of the smoke 40yds from us, i swear they were coughing, however have burnt the lot and as a bonus i managed to spatchcock a chicken, do a few spuds and bangers for the kids all in time for tea, everyone's a winner.
    Should get some interesting cover items sprouting back where the bonfire has left the ash, if a big enough fire, might be enough to get game birds in.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Total burn area this morning is about 12m x 8m so not to bad, total area now clear is a good 40 x 30+ leading into some willow on the ditch at the field margins, was wondering how quick the regrowth was going to be, now we will see. Baked potato for lunch again..