Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New application / renewal forms

New application / renewal forms

Dear All,

We are starting to get reports that some licencing teams are altering the new forms and adding in more questions. They are NOT allowed to do this!

If your application / renewal forms come through, please check them against the CORRECT forms that are on the BASC web site here: http://basc.org.uk/firearms/certificate-forms-and-fees/

If they are different please would you be so kind as to let me know what's been altered and which constabulary its from, if possible please send a copy of the adulterated from to me together with your contact details and BASC membership number (if you are a member).

If you get a chance, please pass this information onto anyone else who is a certificate holder who may not be a member of this forum

thank you

David

Thanks David. Well spotted. Will keep an eye open as I will soon be sending in my application for grant of FAC.

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    We are starting to get reports that some licencing teams are altering the new forms and adding in more questions. They are NOT allowed to do this!
    What sorts of amendments are some of the licensing teams adding in?

Hi David,

i just sent a variation into Pitt Street, Glasgow and the variation form on the Scottish police site matches the one on the basc site

I just sent mine in. I downloaded them from Police Scotland and they were fine.

thanks all, info is scare at the moment hence the heads up so we can all work together to find out exactly whats going on!

SPOT ON '' BASC '' Well worth the small amount of money to be a member
    Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    thanks all, info is scare at the moment hence the heads up so we can all work together to find out exactly whats going on!

This is interesting. I have shot target full bore as a member of a club at Bisley for many years & have had a shotgun certificate before. I applied for a FAC for myself as I want to get into stalking, so picked up the forms in person at Guildford Police Station. Forms went off at the start of November & all seemed well. A week or so ago I get a call from a Surrey FLO saying that the reference forms that I was given were wrong & that a new referee form had to be sent out to my 2 mates doing the referencing part. So it seems there are some new forms for references. I have not seen them but apparently they were much more detailed than the previous form & you were not allowed to say a Yes/No answer to any question, but had to explain answers in detail. This was for Surrey Police.

It may just be a new form but I thought I would mention it as I have just seen 2 threads in 2 minutes about 'new FAC forms', with some people having concerns about them. I am a BASC member so thought I would bring it up on the off chance that they did not know about it.

I was under the impression that the format for the forms was set out in the legislation, and that they couldn't insist on you completing any form other than the approved format? Has this changed with the new guidance?