Rutting Stags Portrait Auction.

basil

Distinguished Member
By kind permission of Alex.
As some of will know i have a Granddaughter Millie (4) who has and still is treated for a heart issue at the Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton. The childrens unit at the hospital do a brilliant job and the nurses there show a level of dedication and care that you rarely see.
Over the last year my Grandson Ben (7) began to have some health issues, he fainted a couple of times and experienced some dizzy spells at school and at home. Tests were carried out over a period of time then two weeks ago we found out that he has to go into hospital to have a kind of defibrillator fitted into his chest. Earlier this week we found out that this will take place on the 23rd January. So now we have two Grandchildren, brother and sister with heart issues. Millie has never known any different with hers as it was discovered when she was about six months old, Ben on the other hand finds it hard to understand why he has his problem but we tell him he has to be brave and it will all be ok in the end. What else can you say?

Anyway, a great friend of mine, Harry has always followed Millie`s progress and when he learned of Ben`s illness came up with this drawing of two rutting stags and gave it to me and said to auction it for the childrens unit at the hospital in Taunton.
It is A3 (420mm x 297mm) in size and is on white paper though my photo doesn`t look like it!

Now to the auction..
It will run until 9pm on Saturday 25/1/2014. The drawing will be framed before being sent to the winning bidder. Payment is preferably by cheque made out to Paediatric Donated Funds. (A cheque means everything is open and transparent) All proceeds that the Childrens Unit receives goes towards updating equipment, toys, furniture, bedding and anything else that is needed. The unit also caters for parents to stay over with their children where the need arises.
Any questions .. please shout.
Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Basil, I can attest to the dedication of the people who devote their lives to caring for people with health issues. A few years ago, at the age of 28, I discovered I had a heart condition which led, in short order, to two lots of open heart surgery.

I have nothing but the highest praise for the surgeons, doctors, nurses and numerous other specialities who work so hard to help people with these issues.

I've been involved with an organisation called the Somerfield Foundation since my surgeries. It's a charity based around supporting "GUCH" patients. These are patients who have congenital heart defects, but are now adult. If Millie and Ben's parents ever feel the need for some support, or to speak to people who have grown up with the conditions they suffer from, then I can definitely recommend their support.

I donate regularly to the unit that carried out my surgery, Papworth Hospital near Cambridge. I think that fundraising is one of the most positive things that we can do, to help people with such health issues, and I commend your efforts and hope that the enormously generous folk of the Stalking Directory step up to the plate with their bids for the excellent drawing. I wish I could afford to put in a bid myself.

PM me if you would like the details of the Somerfield Foundation.

Basil, I can attest to the dedication of the people who devote their lives to caring for people with health issues. A few years ago, at the age of 28, I discovered I had a heart condition which led, in short order, to two lots of open heart surgery.

I have nothing but the highest praise for the surgeons, doctors, nurses and numerous other specialities who work so hard to help people with these issues.

I've been involved with an organisation called the Somerfield Foundation since my surgeries. It's a charity based around supporting "GUCH" patients. These are patients who have congenital heart defects, but are now adult. If Millie and Ben's parents ever feel the need for some support, or to speak to people who have grown up with the conditions they suffer from, then I can definitely recommend their support.

I donate regularly to the unit that carried out my surgery, Papworth Hospital near Cambridge. I think that fundraising is one of the most positive things that we can do, to help people with such health issues, and I commend your efforts and hope that the enormously generous folk of the Stalking Directory step up to the plate with their bids for the excellent drawing. I wish I could afford to put in a bid myself.

PM me if you would like the details of the Somerfield Foundation.
Thanks Matt. Please keep in contact. :tiphat:

An original piece of art,,,,£100.00 donated with pleasure, win or lose. Come on guys show me up for the tight wad I most certainly am. ;)

£110 from me

if I win the picture it gets re donated to the SD help for heroes pot for 2014 as a prise for the shoot or auction.

ill also add 2 limited edition mounted prints both from a run of 25 and signed by me to be posted to the winner upon run finalisation. Pictures are crap but are of the original inks knocked out by me over Christmas on ship.
Dig in them pockets gentlemen I don't expect to be the winning bidder!

Hi basil sorry to hear of the situation with your grand children I hope they get well soon , I can't really afford to bid on the auction but can I pass a donation onto you for this great cause anyway ?
Atb jim

Hi basil sorry to hear of the situation with your grand children I hope they get well soon , I can't really afford to bid on the auction but can I pass a donation onto you for this great cause anyway ?
Atb jim
Thank you jimbo.
Donations however small are always gratefully received, they all go towards the vital things the unit needs.

£110 from me

if I win the picture it gets re donated to the SD help for heroes pot for 2014 as a prise for the shoot or auction.

ill also add 2 limited edition mounted prints both from a run of 25 and signed by me to be posted to the winner upon run finalisation. Pictures are crap but are of the original inks knocked out by me over Christmas on ship.
Dig in them pockets gentlemen I don't expect to be the winning bidder!

Thank you jungle re, a much appreciated gesture.

I have kept AITCH up to date with the proceedings so far.
He sends his personal thanks to everyone who has been involved so far. :D

As you know basil, my family are well aware of what you are all going through..

Will you be putting ajust giving link up or would you rather a donation to yourself to pass on..

Atb mate and well done

Terry

As you know basil, my family are well aware of what you are all going through..

Will you be putting ajust giving link up or would you rather a donation to yourself to pass on..

Atb mate and well done

Terry
Thanks Terry.
I had a discussion with someone today about this.
In the past I did everything with cheques as they were made out to the childrens unit and everything was out in the open.
As time has passed people are using cheques with much less frequency so it looks like i will be joining the just giving revolution very soon.
I will look into it tonight.
John.

Thanks Terry.
I had a discussion with someone today about this.
In the past I did everything with cheques as they were made out to the childrens unit and everything was out in the open.
As time has passed people are using cheques with much less frequency so it looks like i will be joining the just giving revolution very soon.
I will look into it tonight.
John.

Imo a good move mate.. you can post just giving links to fb so friends who wish can donate etc.

Thanks to SD who contributed nearly half my brothers appeal for the BHF was in the top 1% doubling its original target.

A donation however you decide to do it

Back