Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder from USA

Powder from USA

Can my dad bring back reloading powder from USA, he is going on holiday there in a couple of weeks.

I also would like to know this as i to am going shopping 1st april
    also cases , bullets , stocks etc. plus any good gun shops nr orlando parks area apart from bass pro

Quote Originally Posted by tikka2506 View Post
    Can my dad bring back reloading powder from USA, he is going on holiday there in a couple of weeks.

Not washing powder or talcing powder

Looked into this recently (having just moved over to the US from the UK) and the answer is a definite no. Had planned to take muzzleloading kit on a flight for a hunt recently. After a little bit of digging around, primers and powder not allowed on the plane. Fines/ punishments also pretty heavy for non-compliance. Bullets OK to take (were packed in manufactures packaging in my checked bag)- would also assume cases and stocks OK packed the same way.

Thanks guys so no box's of varget x24 tubs then

anyone got news on ammo suppliers outlets/shops that sell cases/bullets and AR15/M4,M16 (BITS AND BOBS PLASTIC PARTS ONLY NO ACTIONS OR BARRELS) looking to build an AR again. Any info please last time i was there i found a shop called AR world on orange blossom drive but parts stock was naff all black hawk and had to be order'd.

SD Regular
    Me? I'd look at what, that isn't flammable or explosive, you would like that is made in USA.

Give Dad a list with the BRITISH POUNDS PRICE and it's conversion into US Dollars and then he can see what will make you a good saving. If you fish US made rods and reels are good value. If you can pack them in your luggage dimensions...

But! No bullets, cases, or primers either!

( But! No bullets, cases, either)!!!

why none of them !! my air line and TSA say its ok . TSA infoBelow.
    others are saying yes but you say no!!
    info please feller as i don't wish to give away more than a few hundred pounds of case's and bullets at airport.

Item Carry-on? no Checked? ok
    Ammunition - Check with your airline or travel agent to see if ammunition is permitted in checked baggage on the airline you are flying. Small arms ammunitions for personal use must be securely packed in fiber, wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition. Ask about limitations or fees, if any, that apply. Read our Firearms & Ammunition section.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Me? I'd look at what, that isn't flammable or explosive, you would like that is made in USA.

Give!
    Dad a list with the BRITISH POUNDS PRICE and it's conversion into US Dollars and then he can see what will make you a good saving. If you fish US made rods and reels are good value. If you can pack them in your luggage dimensions...

But! No bullets, cases, or primers either

Quote Originally Posted by tikka2506 View Post
    That would depend on how he intends to get it home. The airlines certainly won't carry it and I doubt if any of the cruise ships will allow you to carry on board either.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

your dad will also need a fac for the calibre of bullets that he imports for you if they are of the expanding type when he gets back to the Uk and stopped by HM Customs.
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"